Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey member's looking to get some more power out of my 2000 zx-9r. would like everyones input on mods. so if every one could just make a list of mods with manufactures that would help. starting with top best mods. thanks niners
:banghead

·
Registered
201 Posts
Jet kit- Ivan's, Factory Pro, or Dynojet stage 1
Adjustable Timing Advancer(+4 degrees)- Factory Pro
KLEEN air mod- Do it yourself
Full exhaust system- Muzzy or Two Brothers
520 chain conversion quick acceleration kit
High flo air filter
:crazyloco

·
Registered
201 Posts
The KLEEN Air Mod removes the emissions canister form the engine. This really helps out when you start to put the performance goods onto your bike. When you are ready to do this let me know and I will send you the info and pictures of what it should look like when it is done. :crazyloco

·
Premium Member
4,288 Posts
+1 I'm with im

·
Registered
11 Posts
HEY ZX9RACER. i have a muzzy slip-on, k&n filter, and i'm ordering a +4 advancer, also looking at an IVAN'S jet kit. so any info pm me or post thanks.
does anyone make velocity stacks for the zx-9r?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi mate Geoff in the uk here. How about upgraded brakes, fork oil, springs and rear shock? I promise that will make you faster! Its not all about engine mods!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Bringing this back from the dead, hoping to get some more info on the "KLEEN air mod"

and also where can I find a timing advancer?

·
Registered
161 Posts
So... does anyone know how to cure the carb stumble problem? I feel like a jet kit would sort the problem and it might be related to emissions like so many handicaps are these days.
somewhere down the line on zx9r forums the is a big topic on how to curve the problem.... just look down through the weeks and monthes till you find it. there is alot of detail on it if i remember correct.

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
Stumble & surge fix, other search results

1) Tune up - compression test, valve adj, new spark plugs, clean the air filter, carb sync, etc - get it running the best it can before moving on.
2) Determine what your power characteristic goal will be. Be honest, the 9r isn't at the cutting edge anymore (weight & displacement), but it's an awesome road bike...superior power, comfort, agility, range, & looks.
3) Get the exhaust muffler you want, probably at least a bolt-on or slip-on. Many say the stock head pipe is about ideal. Ultimate performance may require a full $$$ystem.
4) Determine if you want to replace the ignition (some say this fixes most everything, others say no affect). Mine stock.
5) +1 Get the jetting right (based on 2 & 3), since we don't have the luxury of computerized fuel injection mapping. <CV carb jetting link> <Stumble link> <Shimming link> <carb synch link> <Air mixture link 1 5/8 turns stock, most say 1.5 to 2.0 turns> <jet kit links> and altitude considerations - Kawasaki recommends #35 pilot, non-altered jet needle & #152 mains for operation above 4,000'.
6) Gearing and/or chain replacement

·
Registered
64 Posts
got a dynojet kit, standard air filter and removed mesh from standard end can also removed small baffle from can end of pipe, good clean pick up no carb stumble & not to loud , pretty quick as well. 2000 model e1.

·
Registered
7 Posts
mods

If you have the money then go for a tts 998 big bore kit :evil cost about £2000 but hey...what a ride:crazyloco

·
Registered
444 Posts
You removed the baffel from you stock can. Howhard is this to do and how much louder is it?

·
Registered
51 Posts
just got a zx9 f2p , so the kleen air catalyst is just the emmison junk as is on the zxr750`s . thought kawasaki got there lazy act together . take it its back to modding the air box and connecting the two pipes off the top of the carbs and leading them into the front lower part of the air box and dropping jet sizes as well as connecting the fresh air valves pipes together . Forgive me if im wrong as i havnt looked under my tank yet but had to do this to my zxr750/900 to get it running smoothly due to kawasaki putting huge bloody jets in to componsate for fuel flow due to poor pressure related issues between carbs and airbox .

It would be great if someone can let me know if this is the same set up as at the moment i cant be arsed taking the tank off .

1 - 20 of 31 Posts