Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question is for ZX-12R owners.

What is the best quality, best performance, best sounding, after market exhaust system to put on my 05 ZX-12R?

Also, is it necessary to put on a complete system or just a performance muffler? Thank you in advance for your replies.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Personally I will say Yoshimura. Bash me, smack me whatever. I have the RS-3 (full) on my 12 and I love it. Price is affordable. Love the sound and although used to it now, when i first got on it after install I was grinning ear to ear. They come out of the box ready to roll, add full Yosh and HOLD ON!!

P.S. They hold up pretty good if you happen to go down in a ditch:smile

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you need to add a Power Commander after installing the system ?

·
registered member
523 Posts
with the yosh prolly so..
Hindle and Akrapovic no, but it will help on any system,, driveability and better gas mileage..

Arata is also a nice system...
Muzzy makes good power but it is loud as hell...and you WILL need a pc3

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bummer. Muzzy seems to have the best prices, but I don't want loud exhaust. I like quiet power.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Bummer. Muzzy seems to have the best prices, but I don't want loud exhaust. I like quiet power.
Yoshi is pretty mellow soundwise, until you hit around 8 grand. Then it begins to sing a whole new song. I think a full Yosh (depending on style) is about $8-900.00
I got a PC3 also.

Good Luck. Post up pics of whatever you choose after...please!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just bought a Muzzy full system w/ carbon can for my '05 and can't wait to get it! It is supposed to be here next week. The guys at Muzzy said that Titanium is no longer available... =[

Anybody know what to do with the old stock pipe after I change it out?

·
Registered
18 Posts
My vote is for Arata. Bought one new off ebay for $745 shipped. Got a great sound, but might be a bit loud for some. Added a PC3 USB with a decent map recently. Very happy with the choice.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hexagonal Akrapovic full system + powercommander + bmc airfilters.
You get a complete new bike back with a lot of smoothness and power :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hexagonal Akrapovic full system + powercommander + bmc airfilters.
You get a complete new bike back with a lot of smoothness and power :)

speaking of airfilters, when i bought my Muzzy the salesman (at Muzzy) said that they didn't see any performance gains with the K&N filter, how is the BMC?

cheers

·
Registered
68 Posts
speaking of airfilters, when i bought my Muzzy the salesman (at Muzzy) said that they didn't see any performance gains with the K&N filter, how is the BMC?

cheers
Maybe it'll free one or two horses, but it's the complete package that does it :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
My '02 came from the original owner with the Akrapovic Evolution Ti/Carbon :mfclap system. I must say I'm astounded by how cool this system sounds! Low ,throaty and rich is the tone at any rpm. Even idling/putting around town , the sound is awesome. Way better than other race systems i've heard on liter bikes. I never rode it with stock exhaust so I can't comment there. I am going to add an ignition and filters in an attempt to lose some of the drivetrain lash / neckbreaking throttle response.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Ti-Force here. 174.6 with Muzzy, 183.3 with Ti-Force. Only other addition with the Ti exhaust was the monster Hans carbon intake (dont think that made much). Custom maps made for each. Got the exhaust for 500 bucks used, hardly used, new condition!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts