Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It seems that my right stock clip on is bent, the bar and or the mount. It goes all the way to the gas tank when fully turned where as the left has about 1-2 inches or so. I first discoverd this a few weeks ago when my friends tried it out and noticed it right away. I was thinking about getting a set of Vortex clip ons to replace the stocks cuz they don't seem adjustable or repairable. I did low side about a month ago (cold, wet paint strip) on the right side but it was like this before that. Any other suggestions???:headscratch

·
Registered
582 Posts
Check the bolt or stud that goes through the clip-on into the botton of the triple clamp to position it.

gammac

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well that would be a no... there is only one hole for it to go into on the mount and on the bottom of the triple.... I took out the tiny bolt and it is not bent. I'm thinking I'm going to have to replace all of it.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone running after-market clip ons on their street bike?? IS there a big difference in riding position??? The '01 is kinda high anyway and i wouldn't mind being a little more forward. Suggestions????

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, after pulling the handlebar (used or small torch to heat up the mnt. bolt) and checking it I have determined it is the mount that is bent and now I can really see it by looking at it from above. You gotta love the surprises that pop up from buying a used bike...... Anyway, I put it back together and I'm going to purchase a set of LSL clip-ons this week. I now know the previous owner layed it down and replaced the plastics before I bought it... liar, liar..... well at least I got the bike for a steal in the middle of winter and have some $$$$$$ to spare.....HAHAHAHAHAHA... I'll pst pix of the whole process next weekend.

·
Premium Member
4,422 Posts
might be a good idea to check the front end while your at it

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The front end looks good, If I ride no handed the bike goes striaght with no effort!!!!!! I'm going to also replace my fork oil (way over do) so I'll inspect everything very closely.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts