Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was going thru some pics trying to decide if i wanted to get in the ROTM contest this month and got stuck looking at these two over and over.....

First pulled it in my driveway

As she sits now (except i moved the plate under the exhaust the other day)

So much sexier... :monkeyup

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts
Is you license plate on a hinge so it lays flat while riding? Looks like an odd setup.

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its mounted to the swing arm. Wasnt so bad when it was veritcal, but apparently thats against the law (says the state trooper.) Had to turn it horizontal and it stuck out way to far. So i spent a couple hours rigging it under the tail

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts
Cool

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How it looks now, maybe 5 bucks worth of random clips, bolts, and metal.

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts
Much better

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya, now just to wait and see what new excuse they give me the next time i get pulled over.

Still want to powdercoat the rearsets and find a new tail. After that, its all motor maintenance.

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts
LoL. AZ is very bike friendly, never been pulled over on one.. Knocking hard on my wood table, cuz if I do I will probably get Riley'd.:crackup

·
Premium Member
5,064 Posts
looks good. dont really mind the "racebike" look it was tastefully done, but the clean look is so much nicer.

good job

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts
LoL. AZ is very bike friendly, never been pulled over on one.. Knocking hard on my wood table, cuz if I do I will probably get Riley'd.:crackup
I've never been pulled over yet but there's a new law in AZ and if any part of the plate, even ARIZONA, can't be seen, it's a $135 fine.

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They can still get me for not having a light on it..
So far once for speeding, twice for plate placement, and once "just to run my vin".

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I want to enter, but waiting til i get some better pictures. Im loving the camera on my new iphone 4s, so much better than the 3gs. As you can tell from these two pictures.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
its mounted to the swing arm. Wasnt so bad when it was veritcal, but apparently thats against the law (says the state trooper.) Had to turn it horizontal and it stuck out way to far. So i spent a couple hours rigging it under the tail
I have my tag vertical on the swing arm and a trooper issued me a warning on that. He claimed I couldnt move it from the factory location and how it was soooooo hard to read blah blah. I looked up the law on the warning ticket and all it said was the tag must be affixed to "the rear of the vehicle" it said NOTHING about orientation. Hell, I'd argue that in good faith/spirit of the law that the tag is in compliance because it's in fact mounted to the REAR axel (about not being in factory location). Fuck you, trooper :thefinger

·
Premium Member
5,929 Posts

My first experience with my name as a verb:lol
I can think of better references:tard

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My first experience with my name as a verb:lol
I can think of better references:tard
Such as... "My mom got Riley'd last night" :rotflmao

·
Premium Member
5,929 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,929 Posts
I like your bike without all the stickers BTW. Is that a different shade of green too, or is it just different because of the sunlight?

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think there using your name instead of the word railed:evil
Thats about right :crackup

And yes its the same green, just the sunlight and a better camera in the second pic

1 - 20 of 24 Posts