Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New to the forum and intro to follow but first i need help. I am finishing up a modifacation spree..... clean air mod, yoshi rs5 full, servo buddy, cleaned k&n, secondary butterflies deleted, bazzaz fi w/ zafm. The bike runs at idle fine and revs fine at a steady 14.5 afr. I was wondering how anyone else went about their dynoless tuning before I actually take it on the road. I could only find dyno runs which I am trying to avoid. Should I ride it to work giving it a good run on the way (25 miles with lots of stops and accel ops to run through rpm)? Then apply suggested maps? 13.0 - 13.5 is my target afr. What are you guys running? Thanks for all help.

Long Live Kawasaki!:mfclap

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes. Open the software and plug in with the USB and go into the self Map tab, Hit start, exit the software, Drive for at least 15-20 minutes, plug back into the software, hit stop, then hit retrieve(you can review the changes it suggest), then hit apply all, LAST VERY IMPORTANT HIT CLEAR !!!! . You can repeat this 2 or 3 more times.

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
So is bazzaz a self tuning system ? I'm not very familiar with the system . Does it have an o2 sensor ?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you use the bazzaz zafm with any bazzaz tuner it is a self mapper that uses a wideband o2 in the exhaust

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
if you use the bazzaz zafm with any bazzaz tuner it is a self mapper that uses a wideband o2 in the exhaust
Gotcha , so its like a power commander with an auto tune module .

·
Registered
35 Posts
Gotcha , so its like a power commander with an auto tune module .
Similar concept, only the Bazzaz Z-AFM doesn't make changes while you ride. It's more of a data logger, building a map while you ride but it won't make the changes until you approve them. This way you can correct for any false readings or anomalies.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have a Bazzaz TC with self mapper arriving on Wednesday for my 06. I too don't want to be a slave to the dyno. Let me know how it goes for you. I'll keep you posted on mine.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So i have run 4 maps now and the bike pulls really strong now most noticable in low end accel. Couldnt be happier with how easy this system truely is to use and adjust. The smoothing function is really nice as well since you can wind up with those inperfections in maps. Highly reccomend to anyone wanting to avoid continuous dyno fees. I will probably retune at least once a month to run best with varying heat and humidity. Does anyone know if it retunes off the map currently being run or if it or if its from scratch every time?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Currently tuned to 13.0 afr, gona give 13.2 a try next week.

·
Registered
107 Posts
So i have run 4 maps now and the bike pulls really strong now most noticable in low end accel. Couldnt be happier with how easy this system truely is to use and adjust. The smoothing function is really nice as well since you can wind up with those inperfections in maps. Highly reccomend to anyone wanting to avoid continuous dyno fees. I will probably retune at least once a month to run best with varying heat and humidity. Does anyone know if it retunes off the map currently being run or if it or if its from scratch every time?
My understanding is that it tunes from scratch each time

·
Registered
35 Posts
It always tunes off the active map, that way you can run multiple sessions back to back to keep refining the map that is loaded.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts