Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'95 ZX-6, I replaced a dead battery and gas fouled plugs last Christmas. The new battery died completely (no dash lights) in the period of a day. The bike started great in the morning, and I got out of work and nothing. The bike would jump fine, and then it would die whenever I took the cables off. Charged the battery overnight, and took it back and it seemed really weak and wouldn't even click the starter. Seems like the battery can't hold a charge, and I'd just like to confirm that a bike can't run straight off the alternator after it's started. Also, I had just bought a crappy autozone battery after replacing a nice dead gel one, so I'm wondering what kind of battery to buy since neither seem to last over 6 months. I'm planning on getting a battery tender and using it frequently, will that help? Or should I get the bike checked out? One more thing, anybody have advice on completely removing a bike's alarm? I disconnected the power to it, but the wiring harness still goes through it to allow the bike to start. Any suggestions on any of this will be well appreciated. Thanks,

--Ryan

·
Registered
53 Posts
check the output of the voltage reg/rect -- at the battery w/a multimeter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts