Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the stock bar ends help with vibration? I installed a crash kit from shogun on my 07` zx6R, it comes with sliders, swingarm spools, and bar end sliders. These bar end sliders are featherlite compared to the stockers, should i switch back to the heavier stockers? xxx

·
Registered
330 Posts
Sounds like you've installed the lighter ends already - did you notice more vibration since they've been on?
I have heard that heavier bar ends reduce vibration in the bars but there's also other factors like how tight you grip the bars, your riding posture etc.
I know with my '06 I often get some numbness in my throttle hand after awhile & that's with stock bar ends. I was thinking of trying something heavier. I certainly wouldn't go lighter myself.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am tired of my fingers going numb!

The heavier the better, that's why my Manic Salamander's are on the way. Stock ZX10 are about 178g, motovations are like 320g, Salamanders are 390g!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like you've installed the lighter ends already - did you notice more vibration since they've been on?
I have heard that heavier bar ends reduce vibration in the bars but there's also other factors like how tight you grip the bars, your riding posture etc.
I know with my '06 I often get some numbness in my throttle hand after awhile & that's with stock bar ends. I was thinking of trying something heavier. I certainly wouldn't go lighter myself.
Just switched back to the stockers, i can definetly feel a difference, alot less vibes!

·
Registered
330 Posts
I think I'm maybe gonna give the Motovations a try - should be better than stock but why is all this sh** so expensive:headscratch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts