Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This girl was the proverbial milk crate motorcycle.
Several owners before me couldn't or didn't understand the main issue.
Blown regulator, over charging, smoked CDI. Then all sorts of other issues developed from sitting.
She's about 90% complete. Very road worthy.
Runs well. Still got some carbs tweaks as well as adjustments with the suspension.
Rebuilt alternator, carbs, and fuel system. Then the clutch and brake hydraulics, forks, and electrical system repairs.
New tires, wheel bearings, brake lines and more. Told the fuel gauge goodbye and installed a volt meter instead.
Ask me why LOL..

and then there was the ole' GS 750-ish...

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Told the fuel gauge goodbye and installed a volt meter instead.
Ask me why LOL..
Old joke here, you dont buy a ZX11 for Gas Mileage..... When the petcock goes to reserve it usually means I have about another 80 miles to go to find a gas station... so I just have loads of fun ramming her on the gas & curves, until she rolls over, sometimes only after 130 miles or so of heavy carving or high speed sweepers thru a mountain pass. Ive ridden that thing in on what I thought were fumes, and it still had 1/2 a gallon left in the tank.... so the fuel petcock is my gas gauge.... :)

Love the GS...Those were great bikes. Suspension you say? I have a pair of Race Tech Front Springs. $50 shipped. Since I went over to a ZZR1200 front end I dont need them anymore, I think I have the spacers and correct cut tubes with shims as well. Ill have to check .

Below is my 82 CB900F Super Sport in better days. Its in my garage waiting for me to get off my butt and put her back together. She still looks like this, just had to pull the head to fix a burnt valve. :)

Reactions: Strider

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Blainethemono

Which suspension you talking about. The GS has plenty and the ZX needs something.

Agreed, the petcock is my fuel light!!!

Clean ole CB. Even if she is in pieces. That GS is trial and error... I'm in the error faze figuring everything out. :geek:

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
For the ZX-11. These are the springs I was running in the ZX-11 b4 I went over to ZZR1200 front end. Already sold my Gold Emulators

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
@Blainethemono ---- goes in search of zzr swap. I shall return :)

You have to buy the front fender too and well as mounting hardware for it. Its still worth the price of admission though.... Night and day difference. If u decide to run to Tokico 6 pots, they will use the stock mounting bolts, not need to drill and tap, unless u use the stockers. I drilled mine and tapped them for the OEM front brakes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After sitting, taking up space, stuck in the back of storage and about to get kicked to the curb, I was finally able to source an engine at a fair price. Best part is it came with a spare bike :)
As you can see below I wasn't going very far, very fast but I was going, around the block under power for the first time in about a year. Sometimes things come your direction...

Getting home Thursday night from Georgia.

Tonight, after full engine swap

1 - 8 of 8 Posts