Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
You got an aftermarket exhaust on??? Most bikes do backfire a bit on decelleration! Our '07 model also does it a bit with gutted exhausts. If the backfiring is serious, then I would suggest you take it to someone to check your FI mapping and firing! What fuel are you using????

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
my 10 r does it, only when i decelarate after hard accelerations, the tech said it was due to the exhaust(two bros)

·
Registered
53 Posts
its not a backfire as that would go in to your air box. its only a pop and its a good thing its your emissions equip. burning excess gas .dont worry about it ! the only way to stop it is get smog block off plates which have no performance gain. oh yeah and it only happens with aftermarket exhaust!

·
Registered
184 Posts
It happens through stock exhaust also.My bone stock 06 did it quite often.
The Yoshi slip-ons now amplifi it.
It's unburned gasses igniting as it is passing thru the system,cats and all.
Like az10 said smog block off plates,reduces the popping but wont eliminate it and a pc will correct the mixture but not all of it.
It's not actually hurting the bike or exhaust just burning off excess gas fumes.

·
Registered
366 Posts
After I put in the AnR cartridges, it started. Not too bad, but I'm sure I could clean it up with a PCIII and a map.

·
Registered
3 Posts
yep I have a 09 zx6r mons ed. put on a slip on jardine gp and it pops when decelleration, jardines are loud as hell had to put on the quite module insert even with that on still loud as hell but not as loud. "Loud Pipes Saves Lives" better safe than sorry...

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts
My buddy has an 05’ 10 with aftermarket exhaust. He has been riding it for 6 years now and she crackles and pops all the time on deceleration. It is just your girl talking to you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts