Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody !

I'm new here.. from Qc, Canada, so excuse me if my english is not perfect... I bought a wrecked 2000 zx-7r with only 17000km on it last month. I'm currently rebuilding it and I needed fairings, so I saw that a chinese company named Auctmarts were selling those for a fair price. I exchanged a couple of e-mails with them and at the beginning they were replying really fast... They accepted to do the full fairings kit in all black with windscreen and heat shields for $539 shipped to Canada. But after I paid, they just stopped replying .. I was supposed to get the fairings in 2 to 3 weeks but on wednesday they e-mailed me:

Hello,

Fairing kits usually require 2-3 weeks of preparation time. Due to it being an expensive and bulky item, we must use care in handling and packaging this product. Please be patient and we will try to ship it out as soon as possible. We will notify you by email when we have the tracking number for your package. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Lol ... are you kidding me .. I replied them that I need the fairings for may first (which is REALLY reasonable) and they never replied. Now I just hope I dont receive fairings that don't fit*.

Thanks for listening !

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
They're coming from China... it takes a while. Some get theirs in a couple weeks others have waited over 2 months. A quick Google search would have told you that.

Josh

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
Odd

I'm questioning why the sudden interest in fairings made in China on ZXF from forum newbs...TODAY, just TODAY. Not the day before or the day before that, TODAY! WTF!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have Maier’s Fairings and I love them, they are flexible with no cracking or breaking..... pricey...... but I didn’t buy them they came with the bike :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so I have some news... They wrote me to tell me that they finished fabricating the fairings and they will ship out next week... I have a picture, they look really nice, can't wait to install them... hoping they will fit.

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
Melt away

A wood burning pencil makes quick work of getting the mounting holes right where you want them. I used a caliper to measure the parts that were going in, then eyeballed how the fairing hole needed to center over its frame mount hole. You only have to do it once. And this way it's spot-on to your bike. I was very pleased with my AuctMarts1 purchase.

Pictured: ZX-9R E tail fairing

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for your reply. Auctmarts haven't shipped yet. I can't wait to ride the zx7r.... tired to wait...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts