Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a 07 ZX6R from somebody and fast forward a couple months later I noticed an oil leak on my left side near the front sprocket and also infront of my headers. I did some research and it seems to be a common issue with said models. I called the Kawasaki Service center around my area and I told them that I had the leak from my Valve Covers and that apparently it's a common issue, and that I am one of those ZX6R owners with the issue. They ended up quoting me 300 USD to fix it even after stating that at one point in 2008 they had a "Factory Authorized Repair". As I did more research I called back the next day, and I ended up finding the original Factory Authorized Repair sheet (MC 08-16) and emailed it to them. Eventually I convinced them to help a brotha out and they finally gave in and said to bring in the bike. Now in no way did I feel entitled to a repair but I didnt want to look past the opportunity to get it repaired considering that it's a FACTORY ISSUE. I'm just trying to help out anyone out there who may experience this situation considering that this subject hasnt been discussed about since 2013. If you have leak coming from your Valve Covers and know for sure it's the gasket, it won't hurt to call the Kawi service center and ask. I will post the image of the recall paper , but I dont take any credit for the paper . Credit goes to user 'FlopaLock'.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You must be scary on the phone or something..the Kawasaki agents here acted like I was smoking crack and eating fish paste I had to be THAT outa my mind to think I could still claim for the valve cover gasket..
Douches made me pay for the part. . Then some monkey fitted it upside down so I had a ton of oil everywhere on my bike..

Anyway..sorted now

Thanks for the help bud ..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got aggressive with them. Just dont say the word recall, because there isnt a "recall", there is however a "Factory Authorized Repair". You should of told them to run your VIN and nothing else, if they deny to run your vin for the authorized repair, speak to someone else higher until they say yes because my dealership said it's a necessary repair. I had to speak to different people. Because most of them were assholes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts