Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,
I got good advice at my first post (thanks) so here's another.
Do I have to replace the stock silencer part of the ZX12 stock exhaust with a more "open" one ,after K&N air filter installation ?
They tell me that these modifications have to be done simultaneously for proper engine operation is that correct ?
I know that best thing to do is to replace the entire exhaust system but this would remove catalytic converter too right ? What about exhaust emisions then ?
Does engine behave better w/o catalytic converter anyway ?
Unfortunalely, not enough $$$ available now for entire aftermarket exhaust system (>$1200) so I stick to ARROW's silencer kit (around $580). Will this be any better compared to stock system regarding engine operation/performance ?

Thanks .:crackup

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Ok, Guys I wish to inform you that I did it ! Switched stock muffler. Got ARROW's one and installed it. Here some impressions.The thing sounds and works good. Engine seems running smoother. A bit stabler idle as well.The thing looks great too. Although, to be honest, I would prefer our stock exhaust could accept oval shaped slipons. This is cylindric as stock one. Never mind. It's nice. A bit less heavy too. Think monster's teeth are sharper now... A bit more torque at hand now, above 5k rpm felt present. Also, engine seems working at lower temps now is that my idea or not ? Not sure yet, I'll monitor... I like it anyway... Bravo ARROW.

·
registered member
523 Posts
should have saved money for a full system..but no worries.. it is better than stock can!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi VOZ, I agree with ya in n both aspects. Full is definitely better but specific can is of good quality and has nice shape. Will eventually get a full system, PCIII too, however an Ohlins "upgrade" is scheduled next... Thanks anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts