Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so my girl recently bought a bike and i went to finally title mine...
we get to the dmv , give the lady our pappers and she stops and asks for a bill of sale. I inform her i didnt get one with eather bike ( i bought the zx9 6 months ago to add insult to injury ). so she says ok , the price you bouth the bike at seems low , let me check what the retail is. Im allready seeing dollars flying out of my wallet here....

My girls bike ( first bike ) is a 09 suzuki gs500 with only 8500 miles but has been down with only the mirror broken and exhaust scratched. No big deal to me as i fully expect her to droup it a few times while learning. I really wanted to get her a ninja as i have 2 ZX9R's but for $1200 i couldnt let her pass this one up. So she comes back with an average retail in POOR!!! condition at $3400 on the gs

Searously , what are you smokeing... so she get to my 03 ZX9 , its $3635 in poor condition also. i looked at her and laughed like a school girl and said ill sell you bouth right now for $6500 and told her my ZX9 is really nice. Of course is was being a smart ass but still , who the hell makes these these numbers up and what the hell are they smokeing???

I love my ZX9's and actually really like her gs500 for around town but what the hell... , the zx is maybe $3500 in nice condition and the gs id say $2000. Sorry for the rant but i about fell over when she told me it would be over $700 for the bikes. Who ever dose these guide lines isnt a rider , that much is for damn sure.

Just for an added laugh , high side on a 03 ZX9 is $9500. im just dumbfounded by this... who on eather would pay that for a nearly 10 year old bike. Ive seen ducati's in mint condition and low milage go for WAY less...

Sorry just had to vent a bit , post it up if anyone eles has had a simular dealing. Im just goin to have a couple buddies of mine make a bill of sale for me , its not like im tring to cut taxes , just only want to be taxed on what i actually paid for them

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Lol where the fuck is $3400 dollars coming from?

Where the fuck is any of that coming from? You should have went on KBB and came back with the more accurate numbers, which are way lower.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a similar thing happen with a truck I bought, I walked out and had an apprasal done for $40.00. He actually appraised it pretty low for me and that is what I paid taxes on, the appraised value. Saved me some cash. Not sure if it works the same way in the US.

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts
You phucked up. Should have walked out and said you need to go get the BOS. Went home found two different sheets of paper and written them up.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's pretty much what I did. Grabbed some temp tags and told her I'd be back with the bos. Still tho , who the hell makes these number up!?!?!?

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
They did that when I bought my explorer from my mom. Paid $400, they quoted me at 2800. Its worth about 1800-2000. She said I could go and have a dealer appraise it and come back wih appraisal if I wanted to lower it. So now I pay property taxes on what THEY think it's worth.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here, you dont have to pay taxes if it is being given or sold to a family member. Might have to be immediate family, cant remember. You are allowed to do that once a year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts