Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i notice when crusing with the rpm around 3000 i hear kinda like a metal tapping sound. cant really tell were its coming from but i hear it. it goes away after that rpm and sounds clean in the 4000 plus rpm's.

i assume its normal cause the bike now has 500 miles. also when idleing does the engine sound loud like u can hear all the internals very clearly working?
the transmission also sounds loud.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mine does too but it's all the time

since i changed my baffles
so you hear all the same noises i do?
im not hearing it through the exhaust i hear it through the engine
your hear a slight metel tapping sound under 3000 rpm when rideing also?

·
Registered
444 Posts
so you hear all the same noises i do?
im not hearing it through the exhaust i hear it through the engine
your hear a slight metel tapping sound under 3000 rpm when rideing also?
I heard that tapping sound for my first few rides, but not anymore.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i'm starting to hear the tapping now as i'm approaching 3000 kays and i got told thats the sound of the motor bedding in properly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Likely the valve lifters. Not sure about the 06-07 models, but the 04-05 models are noisy bikes. You get used to it after a while...

- Doc

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
awsom guys. i was not sure weather it was bad or not, great to hear its totally normal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Likely the valve lifters. Not sure about the 06-07 models, but the 04-05 models are noisy bikes. You get used to it after a while...

- Doc
Mine is an 05 and made all the noises at the rpms that you are experiencing, I hear it in the top end and at first it used to worry me but i was told that it was normal in the zx10's. it still annoys me when commuting and you cant get up in the revs, the only cure is to get in the straights and :scared twistys and listen to the top end howl, trust me it makes all your worries dissapear

·
Registered
18 Posts
can't wait

:angry Dyno runs are hard on equipment, Esp. during break in with watered down conventional oil.Please give me the name & location of the shop that performed those mods during break-in.(KAWBOY):angry That said great numbers dude!!!!!!

·
Registered
288 Posts

- Doc
i don't know if the 06 is as noisy as any other year 10r but i would say it's normal. i hear a wizzing sound like a turbine engine would make as i accelerate. knocking if i don't give it enough gas when i'm starting out in first gear. all this stuff is normal. if you hear grinding and klunking type of sounds while your riding then i would think something is wrong. and if you twist the throttle far enough open you'll hear siren sounds to. enjoy the bike.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:angry Dyno runs are hard on equipment, Esp. during break in with watered down conventional oil.Please give me the name & location of the shop that performed those mods during break-in.(KAWBOY):angry That said great numbers dude!!!!!!
I got my bike dynoed at Xtreme Machines in Millstone NJ.
There Websight is XtremeMachines.us

·
Registered
45 Posts
i notice when crusing with the rpm around 3000 i hear kinda like a metal tapping sound. cant really tell were its coming from but i hear it. it goes away after that rpm and sounds clean in the 4000 plus rpm's.

i assume its normal cause the bike now has 500 miles. also when idleing does the engine sound loud like u can hear all the internals very clearly working?
the transmission also sounds loud.
I have about 1200 mile and i was looking on the site for any info i guess its normal .... I do have that exact sound coming from the engine, and im taking it easy , not to hard on the10r

1 - 13 of 13 Posts