Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riding for long distances makes my legs tired and there are pains in different places. Other than getting off the bike, are there any other options? Such as recommended areas to mount an aftermarket set of pegs for this type of temporary relief stretching while riding, and where is that purchased / mounted?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I always just sit on the tank and put my legs over the windscreen. Put the cops don't like it. Something about a safety issue. Idk.

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts
My buddy is 6'3". He stretches out by putting his feet in his frame sliders.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't see anything protruding on mine. Should I be looking for longer "frame sliders" that will protrude out long enough to rest my feet on?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Very nice!!! I let my feet dangle off the pegs a bit. Seems to work for me. But I have a 30 inseam and my boots don't drag when I do that.

I don't see anything protruding on mine. Should I be looking for longer "frame sliders" that will protrude out long enough to rest my feet on?

·
Premium Member
13,204 Posts

I don't see any frame sliders in the photo. Mine protrude slightly from the fairing openings.

·
Registered
65 Posts
You could put a set of these on it...

:rotflmao

seriously tho, i've wondered that myself... i'd drag out the toes of my boots if i took my feet off the pegs...

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I didn't want to put my steel toed boots to the test. What is the purpose of frame sliders, and are they easily interchangeable with different lengths?

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Rode with a hardley months back. When we stopped he looked at my frame sliders and asked if I put my feet there :crackup

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You know, the more I think about the picture posted by land pilot, the more I'm starting to like that idea . . . Has anyone ever successfully installed that, or at least the floor boards to place the feet on?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Omg, just noticed that it's a 2012. Silly me..

I'm going to wait for Corbin design, I hope they put the grill lines like on the 2011

·
Most likely to get banned
982 Posts
i used to just stand up on my foot peg... or at slower speeds (under 40) stick my leg out to stretch

btw that new Connie looks amazing

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good suggestion . . . I'm going to try again standing up on the pegs -- I tried that briefly on the way back from Vegas, but I was not sure about my foot placement in relation to the luggage and brake / gear leavers. I'll try later on today while the bike is parked and practice to see if that will be possible.

Yep, when I'm all done modifying her, I'll have a nice concourse or goldwing.

·
982 Posts
if your wearing real boots and not some flat bottomed pussy shoes you just put the arch notch on the back side of the peg like my tasteful picture shows

then just keep your weight centered on the peg and you will be fine.... if my then 250lb self could do it on a 95 all original ZX11 then you should be fine on your brand new bike

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Excellent point BigRuss -- using the heels against the pegs would be much safer to stand up briefly on the pegs, versus using the balls of the feet. It's a good thing you mentioned that, because I have moved my gear shifter one notch clockwise to accommodate my wide steel-toed loggers (Redwing) and that may interfere with flat-footing the peg, because the shifter (in sixth gear) is probably a little higher up than the peg. I normally ride on the balls of the feet, so it hasn't been an issue. I'll try today (while parked) and see if I can stand up with the heel against the peg without touching the shifter, and I'll also consider putting the gear shifter back to the stock position, and using my other Redwing boots that are a little less wide. I see in your illustration that the foot is at an angle, so perhaps this will be possible without moving the gear shifter and my foot would be underneath the gear shifter, instead of over the top.

·
982 Posts
well it was a quick MSpaint drawing but the angle of your foot depends on you... when i would ride in my jump boot my feet were almost perpendicular to the ground when i started to stand up but then the toes would dip down as i stretch

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
Just put highway pegs on your race rails:rotflmao.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts