Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

Apart from Stoner and Rossi, who has a chance of fighting for the MotoGP title?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's Stoner and Rossi in the MotoGP points position this far into the season, but is there anyone else you think has a chance to get into the number one or two spot?

Who will take the number three spot at the end of the season?

Pedrosa? Hopkins? Capirossi? Who do you think and why?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Pedrosa is riding very good, the Honda seems to be working for him. Hopkins is always up there but looses too many positions later in the race.... and Capi???? Who knows.... Maybe if they get his bike set up perfect for him.... I think Pedrosa will take 3rd..... Rossi 2nd..... Stoner 1st........

·
Registered
532 Posts
I must agree 100% with TMP, if Stoner don't get seriously hurt, I don't think even the "Great" Rossi is going to catch him this year. I am amazed at how quickly he adapted and matured with the Ducati, and even more amazing is that Rossi does not intimidate him at all!!!!!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
stoner is the man this season, and el doctor isn't gonna be able to best him, unless stoner's duck isn't workin' right or gets injured.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I'm really surprised at Stoner as well. He was very fast last year but always seemed to be crashing out. This year he has gelled with the Ducati & the team & looks rock solid.

Yamaha's fast times in pre-season have not translated into the results that many were expected.

The empire that is HRC will throw more money & parts at Pedrosa's bike to keep him in with a chance.

With the Suzuki it is Hopper in the dry & Vermuelen in the wet that are making the bike look better than it is. How long before Hopper gets his elbow down on the deck :eek:hno

Rumours are that Hopper may be going to Kawasaki next year, that bike IMO is already better than the Suzuki, so a rider of his calibre will get the results that green team deserves. OJ has not lived up to his potential :rolleyes & will probably lose his ride in '08.

I think Capirex is having trouble (same as Nicky) adapting to a bike that has to be kept really smooth to get the best lap times, though he was always good to watch in qualifying on the 990 :crazyloco

1 - 6 of 6 Posts