Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yee my bike makes this weird ringing sound like a old school alarm clock
its annoying sounds like a vibration wondering if its the model or i got some shit loose or something i just got it a week ago today....

·
Registered
275 Posts
there is alot of problems ive seen posted this week. It makes me reconsidering picking mine up this weekend

·
Registered
19 Posts
im beginning to hear some of this and my ticking is sounding a little louder, im wondering if its only my imagination and some of it is normal, but i've only got 350 miles...

·
Registered
92 Posts
hmmmmm, I haven't had one problem at 4k...........take it to the dealer....

·
Registered
43 Posts
get it looked at mine died on me with with 700mil on it....it was doing the same thing....they had to put a new engine in it

i hope it all works out

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
seriously that is shitty i really hope not ill take it back after work

how long did it take to get your bike back and whhat they do just replace the motor or rebuild it????

man i really hope not

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an update about the 07 ZX6R's. Some have a defective intake cam and buckets, something to do with the metal not being strong enough. There are new part numbers for these. If you have a loud ticking noise and the shop can't find the problem tell them to call the tech line to Kawasaki so you can get it fixed ASAP. You don't want to have to wait through a top and bottom end rebuild like I am doing now.

The new intake cam part # is 49118-0114. The new Shim Buckets (caps) part # is 12032-0010. The intake cam ships into the US the 1st week of Aug. That would be week 5 for my bike being out of use just sitting at the dealer. When I talked to Kawasaki they replied that there have been others like mine ( Complete engine f.u.b.a.r. ), and they don't see a reason to tarnish there name on a newly released bike by doing a recall or any type of advisory. I will be going to the news station about all of this and see if they want to help us out. Will let you know more when I have it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thank you guys so much ima take that shiz back to the dealer tomorrow it just sucks cause thats my only means of transportation....
ill let you all know what they say....
thanks again
-cody

·
Registered
78 Posts
777 miles and mine blew.

Brought it in 2 times prior and the dealer gave me the typical BS that Kawi's have loud top ends.

Took it to another dealer and IT_zx6r is 100% correct.

If your bike is ticking or making noise bring it in and if they refuse to fix it get it documented that your brought it in for the loud ticking top end.

·
Registered
275 Posts
thank you guys so much ima take that shiz back to the dealer tomorrow it just sucks cause thats my only means of transportation....
ill let you all know what they say....
thanks again
-cody
what do you do in the rain, just ride it anyways

mine is making a VERY loud ticking noise and im at almost 400 miles. Its been progressively getting worse. Any tips on what specifically to say to the dealer?

·
Registered
101 Posts
what do you do in the rain, just ride it anyways
Doesn't everyone :headscratch I always ride all year round - rain, ice and even snow unless it gets really bad.

mine is making a VERY loud ticking noise and im at almost 400 miles. Its been progressively getting worse. Any tips on what specifically to say to the dealer?
My ticking does seem to be getting louder as well (500 miles) but it could just be in my head. Never heard any tick till I read through the forums then all of a sudden it was there. Think I'll get it checked out all the same.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Doesn't everyone :headscratch I always ride all year round - rain, ice and even snow unless it gets really bad.
i guess not everyone. Then again I have 2 cars and a bike so im certainly not forced to ride in any ill weather conditions. Im just afraid if I get on the highway in the rain ill hit a puddle and hydroplane off the road. So when it rains my bike just sits in the garage

as for my ticking noise, i printed out all the posts concerning it and I am gonna take them to the dealer when i service it. Hopefully they will either confirm or deny the truth about calling kawi direct

·
Registered
101 Posts
i guess not everyone. Then again I have 2 cars and a bike so im certainly not forced to ride in any ill weather conditions. Im just afraid if I get on the highway in the rain ill hit a puddle and hydroplane off the road. So when it rains my bike just sits in the garage
Yeah, just me having a bit of friendly banter Spec :smile

Like Chody the bike is my only form of transport though there are times in winter when the warmth of a car is quite appealing.

Let us know how you get on with the dealer but don't hold your breath. My previous bike (VFR800 VTEC) had lethal FI issues and I was one of many around the world. Even when faced with a massive list of riders that were having the same problem Honda still denied there was anything wrong. We even offered them one of the bikes for a few weeks to do extended riding tests on but strangely they declined.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine had a ringing sound too, check the large nut between the handle bars. The washer under it was making the ringing sound. I tightened it and now no more ringing sound.

·
Registered
43 Posts
not long had mine and just come in from a 50mile run.. and i had a 'noise' come from the fuel tank? it sounded like it was letting pressure out or it was building up i opened the fuel cap and it stopped straight away.. does anyone else get this noise?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts