Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i just ordered a ballistic 12 cell battery for my high compression zx7 havent got it yet does anyone have experience with these?

·
6,873 Posts
I have another brand, 8 cell, in my ZX10R. 12 cell is probably overkill. I run a 4 cell in a total loss track bike. Great type batteries. Just do not hook it up to a trickle charger. They do not like it!

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
hello i just ordered a ballistic 12 cell battery for my high compression zx7 havent got it yet does anyone have experience with these?
Yes, I run the ballistic. See my thread "Planned Mods for my ZX-7R"

Great battery and lots of crank amps. I haven't had it through a winter yet though.

·
6,873 Posts
They are definitely not something that likes the cold. I am fine in Cali as it never gets too cold. You may want to think of a winter alternative in the cold tundra of NY.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have the Evo-2 8 cell in mine. great Battery . . . . . . . However they do not like the heat. DO NOT LET IT DROP BELOW 6 volts or you will be replacing the battery. ( just a hint )

Paul

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Don't like the cold and can't stand the heat... hmmmm

Josh

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
I bought my Ballistic at the latter part of Winter (Dec-Jan) and the bike sat outside after my trackdays at Jennings in Fl.

Bike starts up fine. I think it's a good unit and worth the money. All I was saying before is that I hadn't stored the bike from Oct-Mar with the battery installed.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Ordered the 12 cell with the proper top up charger and quick disconnects for my Race Rep

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
The 12 cell will be needed for a high compression 7R... they already like the juice as it is...

Mine would like to have a car battery if i could fit it in... it just loves CCA

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah my bike loves juice i could run a optima red top lol thats why i orderd the 12 cell because i have high compression

1 - 11 of 11 Posts