Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a lookin and for all the popular motorcycle high performance tires, all I can find are 190/50's and the new ZX-10R has 190/55 on the rear. I prefer to keep the stock size on there, anyone seen anything?

I've specifically been looking for Bridgestone BT014. How messed up will a 190/50 make things if I have to use that size instead??

·
Registered
51 Posts
The bike won't turn in as fast with a 190-50 and you will be putting on more miles.

If I here anything from the reps I will let you know.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've been a lookin and for all the popular motorcycle high performance tires, all I can find are 190/50's and the new ZX-10R has 190/55 on the rear. I prefer to keep the stock size on there, anyone seen anything?

I've specifically been looking for Bridgestone BT014. How messed up will a 190/50 make things if I have to use that size instead??
Pirelli Dragon super corsa pro and Michelin Power Race

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Beans...I had the same concern. But I quickly abolished the worries when I put on my new Michelin Pilot Powers (190/50).

These tires are sic. Virtually no difference in riding ability, except you can get over a little further, a little easier. I found it difficult to get the 190/55 over on it's side.

Furthermore, the Powers are incredible tires. They require little warm up time, and they stick to the road as well in the cold, and wet (rain) as they do in the warmth.

I highly recommend the powers, and would say... unless you're getting Dunlops again, forget the pursuit of the elusive 190/55 tire, at least until the manufacturers start making it a standard.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Beans...I had the same concern. But I quickly abolished the worries when I put on my new Michelin Pilot Powers (190/50).

These tires are sic. Virtually no difference in riding ability, except you can get over a little further, a little easier. I found it difficult to get the 190/55 over on it's side.

Furthermore, the Powers are incredible tires. They require little warm up time, and they stick to the road as well in the cold, and wet (rain) as they do in the warmth.

I highly recommend the powers, and would say... unless you're getting Dunlops again, forget the pursuit of the elusive 190/55 tire, at least until the manufacturers start making it a standard.
Christ!!! why do people put all kinds of wrong info on these boards ?

The stockers for 06 Zx10 is 190/55 http://kawasaki.ca/sportbike/ZX-10R/specs.html so I do't get your point about "waiting till manufacturers make it standard "

55's would turn in faster NOT slower than 50's due to their rounded profile.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I never said that about them turning in faster or slower.

My point wasn't about the stock tires on a ZX10. I was refering to Tire manufacturers.

The ZX10 is, as far as I know, the only production sportbike that has come out with the 190/55 tire. And manufacturers, although making this size, they are not standard issue for stock tires. Most litre bikes are going with a 190/50.

This is what I implied when I said "waiting until manufacturers make it standard".... meaning, until other bike companies start issuing 190/55 as stock, rather than just a 190/50, that companies are issuing stock on their bikes (except Kawi).

Yes, Pirelli and Bridgestone are making 190/55's, but like any "standard" part or accepted part, the 190/55 are not the "standard" yet...

Christ, why don't people read the entire post and actually try to understand it before trashing other people.

Maybe if you read my post now, you'll see what I meant.

...and I'm pretty sure that I know the stock tire size on my ZX10R Newbie.

Thanks for your input though. Keep up the good detective work, and critique. Sheesh.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I found it difficult to get the 190/55 over on it's side.

forget the pursuit of the elusive 190/55 tire, at least until the manufacturers start making it a standard.

My Bad...............

I guess you meant that at your skill level the 55's were harder to control. where I come from, people tend to not give advice unless their skill level is high enough to be authoritative.

The second statement makes no sense, "Standard" ? Again, where I come from, Once a major manufactuurer like Kawi puts something as " Standard Equipment " It becomes "standard"

190/55's are widely available since the 06 came out, just because Michellin does not make one does not mean it is not " standard yet "

who you callin a newbee ? I guess you think you become a better rider the more posts you have ? No wonder ....................

·
Registered
990 Posts
missed the point

What's all the fuss CMG. Swoosh's comments made sense first time around for me, re-read them & they still make sense. They are comments that are based on his experience the way I read it, nothing more - nothing less.

If the tyre distributors don't have the tyres readily available then I would say they're not 'standard' issue.

He made no comment about turn-in.

Anyway have you actually got anything useful to add to Bean's original questions? :squint

·
Registered
14 Posts
CMG

Do you know anything about the Conti Sport Attack?

I really like the Pilot Power on my "other" bike but want to use the factory tire size on the '10.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yo man , I got a guy that always has stuff in stock an his prices are cheap. he has a shop by where i live in honolulu it is called hawaii rides 808-621-6686

·
Registered
82 Posts
Here in Oz my bike comes with Dunlop qualifiers in the 190/50 as stock tyres.

still getting used to the hoops, never used them b4 and heard they not the best for getting right over.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts