Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice to be able to grab throttle and twist but I guess moderation, I don't do that well. is required when the flies are out.
Anyone think they made a mistake??

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have wondered this too, heh.

There have been a couple of situations in which I have grabbed a handful and gotten a bit more than I expected.... and I am bone stock. But then again I am a newb to these kinda bikes.

·
Registered
262 Posts
nope havent regreted it at all! cheapest mod to get the best torque! DO IT!

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
I don't regret it but ... I actually think with removing the flys I actually lost throttle response way down low . Since mine is an 08 the flys opened @ 3k rpm any way I didn't gain a whole lot by there removal .

·
Registered
366 Posts
And I have not pulled mine because it is a 2008. Front end is up more than I want it to so flys are staying in.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Nice to be able to grab throttle and twist but I guess moderation, I don't do that well. is required when the flies are out.
The problem is, the '14 came perfect out of the box. As fun as drag strips are, they are still stock ZX-14 sub-fast speeds and leave the big-boy fast gears snoozing under the covers. We all know the stock '14 party starts when you red line 3rd and snap into 4th. Screaming through 150 with two gears to go is an experience that few on this planet have ever done. If you have a '06/'07 your flies open at 6K. I have an '06. If you have an '08-'11 the flies open at 3K. For fast back roads I'm trolling at 4K in 1st, so hitting 6K and open flies, it takes less then a second. Then its all 6K plus in 2nd, 3rd. I like lots of throttle control in tight turns; feather out mid apex, then roll out when it starts to come up. So for me my flies stay in.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Never a regret. I am only glad I did it. It made a pretty big difference.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Neverrrrrrrr. I was nervous about it, but glad I did. I would do it again but I would run out of flies. Lmao. Getter dun 06-07

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
'08 here. No problems, no regrets, no flies.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I know what you mean.A couple weeks ago got her to 10 grand in 3rd hit 4th and in seconds I was at 145.Only reason I didn't hit 160 was I was closing on traffic like an Indy car coming up on the pace car.And your right about the rush.This was on the interstate between a couple of exits.Going to do it again when traffic is less.That Alienhead up in 8-10000 range just hits hard.Want to hit 180 before I put my 43 sprocket back on.Sure is fun playing on the interstate once in awhile.I took my flies a few years back and would never go back.
Craig

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
RaiderWill, 3 words: tig ole bitties :mfclap

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
You two both have a good pair. Looks like someone will need a full house to beat you. :smile

·
Registered
65 Posts
Is it a 06-07 14 youv got?
In that case just pull e`m, you will never look back:crazyloco
The 14 is stil smoth and easy to control the throttle and you dont get that turbo feeling around 6000rpm.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Is it a 06-07 14 youv got?
In that case just pull e`m, you will never look back:crazyloco
The 14 is stil smoth and easy to control the throttle and you dont get that turbo feeling around 6000rpm.
Once the flies are pulled, the next question is which is the best PC map (Dynojet or Jeffo)?

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
dyno tune is really the best way too go. ran jeffo for a little while it was cool, but no way near as tight and i mean tight as the dyno tune. i never ran dynojet they didn't have one for my pipes.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts