Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be there next weekend (June 25th and 26th) for some fun and games on the twisty roads.

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Gonna be 96 every day. I think a ride up Mt. Petitjean may be in order.

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yesterday's loop included a jaunt up to Mt.Petitjean State Park and a zip up 7 by the Nimrod (seriously) Dam to a late lunch in Hot Springs. Temps were mitigated somewhat at elevation, but it was 105F by the time we got to my friend's house. The last 60 miles up 7 to HS were a hoot, with several 180-degree carousel turns marked 20 mph and taken at 50 cranked over. Good thing I left home with new tires.

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rode Talimena both ways today. Again, a little cooler up there than down below. Got rained on for 10 minutes on top, but we were dry by the time we got back to Mena. Probably have to break out the raingear to get home tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Northern and Central Arkansas are covered with good roads. I think it's pretty flat and featureless in the southern 1/3.

Did around 1300 miles door-to-door in 4 days. I'm beat! Gotta get a lighter bike. BW II is becoming a rasslin match for this old man.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Damn HH that's some serious riding. Stock seat or did you use that Airhawk cushion?

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Used the Airhawk to go down and back home (400 miles each way) and removed it for fun and games. It feels a bit too vague for all-out sport riding and we made a few more stops even with shorter daily mileages. Only made 2 stops each way in transit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts