·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Q2

But every reply will say something different

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
I haven't had the 2cts. Had pures on when I got the bike, really can't judge them since I wasnt riding hard at that time

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Try the q2s. my best friend runs them on his '04 6RR. He loves them.
you can usually find them online for excellent prices. I'm a Pirelli/Metzeler fan, but that's just me.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
I have the michelem pilot power 2cts and am going between the power pure or the Dunlop q2
Get the Q2. Racetrack speeds without fade. I know guys that run them in advanced group with no issues. No other tires have been able to do that without getting greasy and the occasional 'hairy' moment.

The Power Pures are good too but they go off suddenly whereas the Dunlop is very predictable and gives good warning.

In my video "Turbo329 and a Superhawk" I was running the Q2 and my buddy on the Superhawk was running the Power Pure. Granted, it's a slower vid because we were still in intermediate group at the time but as you'll see they're both great tires. Oh and the Superhawk crashed two sessions after this vid and he said (and I quote) "the rear just let go without warning".

Skip to 5:15 in the vid for the run with the Superhawk

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Ive had 2CT's I will never buy them again

I run Supercorse's but they dont last long either...

I have Battlax BT016R right now on the S1KRR and dispite mixed reviews I find that these are a fantastic tire!!... I like the long wear in the center... I dont ride in the rain anymore so I cant give reviews on that

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Ive had 2CT's I will never buy them again

I run Supercorse's but they dont last long either...

I have Battlax BT016R right now on the S1KRR and dispite mixed reviews I find that these are a fantastic tire!!... I like the long wear in the center... I dont ride in the rain anymore so I cant give reviews on that
I've always thought the Bridgestones to be a good tire as well but some bikes like 'em and some bikes don't. To me they feel like they have a very stiff carcass. So you'll definitely get good mileage out of them but in the fast stuff you might lack some confidence because they may chatter depending on your suspension setup. You want a softer setup when you run the Bridgestones..... at least that was my experience.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
I've always thought the Bridgestones to be a good tire as well but some bikes like 'em and some bikes don't. To me they feel like they have a very stiff carcass. So you'll definitely get good mileage out of them but in the fast stuff you might lack some confidence because they may chatter depending on your suspension setup. You want a softer setup when you run the Bridgestones..... at least that was my experience.

I wont have a chance to check out those Q2's i bought off you until next spring... :angry the bike wont be together...

I am running my suspension a tad soft right now... but still a bit hard for the street... my sag is slowly changing as the springs break in

I have no chatter on these tires so far... and last night i had her over to the last 1/2" with the gf on the back... something different for her :evil

·
Registered
4 Posts
q2's

They seem to work well till they get about 3500 miles on them and seem to loose a little grip...I tell all the road guys that push their bikes hard to swap tires each season. They can sell those to less aggressive riders and take advantage of fresh grip at beginning of season.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
I've got the Power Pures on my 7 and my bike seems to like em. Held great at the dragon running 45mph on average. I do have a fairly stiff suspension though.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Q2s :)
-Cody

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've got the Power Pures on my 7 and my bike seems to like em. Held great at the dragon running 45mph on average. I do have a fairly stiff suspension though.
I got the q2's... They seem to be great, at the rate of speed on our Sunday rides, and we were known as the death squad for a little while I'm sure the guys from Orlando have heard stories.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have Q2's and I thought for the price they are quality. Where I live not many twisty roads but they have seem many blasts in a straight line and no wear that I can see so far this season. I'd buy them again when these are used up.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Which shinkos are you running? I know the F010's are junk in the rain. Fairly sticky when it's dry though.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Which shinkos are you running? I know the F010's are junk in the rain. Fairly sticky when it's dry though.
The 005's I believe. So far they have held up pretty nice but I haven't done much aggressive riding so I don't know what they'll do in really tight high speed corners. I do swing some turns wide so I can break in the chicken strips but that's about all I can do in the straight line rides of southwest Georgia. lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts