Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a call that there will be a C-14 in Denver tomorrow on the show room floor ready to pick up. Problem is -- it's a non ABS version. I really wanted an ABS.

Any body heard how soon the ABS version are going to be available? I have a business trip on July 14th and would like to take a C-14 on the trip. Just not sure if I can wait for an ABS version to show up.

I plan on being in the show room floor tomorrow for a test ride -- I hope!!!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Scooter,

Let us know what you find out at the dealer. I know my dealer ordered one of each for his first demos weeks ago but nothing was ever mentioned when he ordered about that non-abs would go out first. I get the non-abs on his first shipment, and im in the process of trying to find out shipping status.

I envy you for being near Denver, but feel sorry for you having to make that decision if you were really sold on the ABS.

Jerry

·
Registered
5 Posts
C14 Abs

:mfclap I was called by my local dealer today and told that he will be receiving a non-abs model Wednesday and should have it on the floor by Friday possibly Thursday afternoon. I asked about the ABS model and he said that they should have one within a week. Will let you know more after my visit to the showroom.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Ya hear that Jasperbob! Sounds like one is gonna be in Georgia this week! You might see yours first yet!

·
Registered
368 Posts
I see the race is on... Who will get the first C-14 in the USA!!!

I think it will be ME!!! I live the closest to the port of debarkation. :rofl

·
Registered
98 Posts
I see the race is on... Who will get the first C-14 in the USA!!!

I think it will be ME!!! I live the closest to the port of debarkation. :rofl
You may be right Greg. Our port of entry is Savannah, GA, about 6 hours away. I just wish we were talking about hours instead of days!

Jasperbob (Bob)

·
Registered
98 Posts
:mfclap I was called by my local dealer today and told that he will be receiving a non-abs model Wednesday and should have it on the floor by Friday possibly Thursday afternoon. I asked about the ABS model and he said that they should have one within a week. Will let you know more after my visit to the showroom.
I talk to a Kawasaki dealer in Lilburn, Ga, just east of Atlanta this morning and they said a truck just backed in and they were unloading a C-14 non ABS so that must be the local dealer for Str8shooter and his info. was right on.

Called my dealer in Alabama and they were amazed and were going to check with the Kawasaki rep. for any update on delivery. Don't know whether to get excited or not.

·
Registered
368 Posts
My sales rep took Wednesday and Thursday off. What nerve he has without checking with me first! Anyway, I'll be ringing him on Friday. I'm hoping all these "September" notions were just stereo-typical salesman stall tactics to say something without actually getting pinned down to specific committments.

·
Registered
261 Posts
My sales rep took Wednesday and Thursday off. What nerve he has without checking with me first! Anyway, I'll be ringing him on Friday. I'm hoping all these "September" notions were just stereo-typical salesman stall tactics to say something without actually getting pinned down to specific committments.
I wish most of the dealers sales people had 1/10 of the enthusiasm on new product knowledge that we do.. but then.. its our passion, its only a job to them.

And most of them.. if they dont know something, its much easier to blame MaKaw for not providing good info for them than to say, gee I'm sorry, I never took the time to look into anything about this model yet :tard

I praise the ones who are really into their product line and know everything they can BEFORE a new model hits the floor. And is ready to instruct the new owner completely and is happy to do so. (in a perfect world) I know they're out there....

·
Registered
368 Posts
I wish most of the dealers sales people had 1/10 of the enthusiasm on new product knowledge that we do.. but then.. its our passion, its only a job to them. .
In their defense, it's only fair to point out that the sales reps of any decent sized dealership would probably have a few dozen (multiple brands) models to keep up on and possible a couple hundred if you count the used bikes in their inventory. I also wouldn't expect every sales person on the floor to have ALL the info on a particular new release unless they had a personal interest in it. That being said, however, I most certainly DO expect MY sales rep to FIND OUT everything possible FOR ME when I show him my interest in buying one, especially when I show him the green.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Congrats Scooter! You're the first one in the U.S. that I know of to receive one. Ride On Brother!

·
Registered
261 Posts
In their defense, it's only fair to point out that the sales reps of any decent sized dealership would probably have a few dozen (multiple brands) models to keep up on and possible a couple hundred if you count the used bikes in their inventory. I also wouldn't expect every sales person on the floor to have ALL the info on a particular new release unless they had a personal interest in it. That being said, however, I most certainly DO expect MY sales rep to FIND OUT everything possible FOR ME when I show him my interest in buying one, especially when I show him the green.
OC,

I wasn't saying all the sales people, I know sales people from quite a few dealerships that know every product from multiple Brands, one dealer carrying all four major japanese brands. Its a pleasure to work with them on their product knowledge. My complaints are with the ones who wont take the time to research new products at all until the bike is on the floor and we are standing there with the green. And they have no clue on the questions you are asking, or how to demo the features for you.

Like I saw someone saying on one of the forums... They said their salesman said.... No one in the US has any of these yet... they haven't been released.. and we wont probably see any of them til september. :tard

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dallas, TX dealer says they will have an ABS next week. Their non-ABS sold in less than 24 hours after hitting the floor.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts