Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many have stated my bike is also experiencing the one bar away from max on a regular basis. I am ordering the aftermarket fan and am no stranger to wrenching. Just got my shop manual so I am pretty much ready to go. Any tricks or short cuts??

I am doing the pipes, PCIII, and some other mods in about a week so I figure I will do it all at once.

Anyone who has done it wanna help a brother out. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
59 Posts
step 1: buy a shop manual
step 2: enjoy shop manual
step 3: if your replacing stock fan with muzzys, enjoy. watch out for that top plastic piece.
I installed my muzzys, thought I had all the clearance issues out of the way, then went and drove it with out cowlings for 10 miles..I liked it then. Then once I replaced all cowlings, went for a ride..10 min later, the fan turnedon and started hitting the upper black plastic piece above the fan.

I did not want to chop it up, so I went back to stock.

Stock fan is fine....I will install second fan and circuitry that will keep fan on f a few minutes afer I turn off bike. this is best IMHO

step 4: close shop manual, go for a ride

·
Registered
498 Posts
I was informed that the gtr dual fan setup are compatible with the zx14 rad.. Why don't you have a check regarding this... who know's it'll save you a lot of trouble the likes of me and terrible ted went through...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Its real tight clearance with the Muzzy on top. Mine touched initially, but after final assembly it had approx 1/8" to spare. The Muzzy moves alot more air and my bike hasn't gone over four bars since.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have all the Tupperware off from doing the pipes and power commander and you are not kidding about tight quarters under there. Does not look like a fun job. Thanks for the replies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts