Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking up a new to me '02 ZX6R in a couple of days - when I saw it in the dealers I noted that the tyres only have 500 miles on them at best. So for peace of mind I was going to treat it to new rubber straight away.
Any recommendations as to what works well on the bike? I don't need super-sticky stuff that's knackered after 1,000 miles - but I did get the bike as a fun alternative to my sports-tourer so decent cornering and stability are important.
My last 600 had Bridgestones and I was impressed with them - how would something like the 014's do on the Kwak? Any others I should consider?

Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
379 Posts
Good luck with the new ride.

Have a look at the Bridgestone BT015 or even the Perelli Corsa and the Micheline pilot powers. I use the Dunlop Qualifiers on my ZX10 which work wonders on the bike but i dont know if they would work on the 600

·
Registered
649 Posts
Pilots, Corsas, Qualifiers... they will all work great. If you're looking for milage AVON released something new,,, I can't remember what it's called.
I just put a set of Pirelli Diablo Corsa III's on my '01 ZX6R and really like them. I haven't tried the Pilot Powers yet... but i'm sure you've heard the praise of these.

Good pricies and service:
http://www.sporttour.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice guys - picked the bike up earlier today and had a pair of Pilot Powers fitted. Put around 150 miles on them this afternoon to scrub them in and have to say that I'm impressed - once I become more familiar with the bike I'll be able to really see what they can do.

Chris

·
Registered
54 Posts
this year i tried the continental ContiSportAttack i love it seems to have a good rubber compound soft good grip and feel and not a bad price ive tried the pilot powers and pilot road liked the power and hated the roads they wasnt soft enough for me

·
Registered
604 Posts
Pilot's will save you in those chilly mornings, they warm up very fast... and are sticky if you warm them up all the way... Hard riding will last you a good 3500-4500 miles!!! I loved those tires!!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
this year i tried the continental ContiSportAttack i love it seems to have a good rubber compound soft good grip and feel and not a bad price ive tried the pilot powers and pilot road liked the power and hated the roads they wasnt soft enough for me
I ran a set of these last year. Decent tires, sticky, great in the rain. Highest mileage tires I ever bought. However, I do prefer the Mich Pilots.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts