Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a single nozzle dynotune setup on the 12,i have a little .032 jet in there now,that lets me run a pretty clean map,and it hits pretty hard in second gear,may try a .033 (stock gearing) or a .034 with 18-45

i put the yosh system back on the bike,made some changes to the map,a little smoother down low now,not perfect but getting better,i think i need to pull out even more fuel (1500-2000) to get it right

the setup on the busa is a little bit more elaborate,2 nozzles (.025's in there now) btc moto electronics box(set for 2nd gear activation) schnitz 2 dial,set at 50 % and 1.5 sec. build time

both bikes have,co2 shifter,shift light,dynotune digital pressure gauge

at times i have had them tuned up a little harder,.038 in the 12,and .027's in the busa,but that was a bit much for the street

i am allways looking for new ideas,whats your setup ?

·
Registered
183 Posts
im actually getting a N20 kit for my zx6r ...small 25 shot...we'll see!!! keep me posted and ill do the same

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you will love it,both of my bikes are fi,so the dry kit is a easy install

are you going with a wet kit ?

·
Registered
183 Posts
im thinking a dry 25 shot right in the airbox so i don't blow the engine...im not really sure anymore because i've been hearing rumors of how even a 25 shot will blow the engine...ive got a 2000 zx6r thats card'ed so im not sure...got any advice???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have never set up a dry shot on a carbed bike,but the same rules should apply,i am sure your bike has a sealed airbox,so you just have to find the best location for the nozzle or nozzles,equal distribution of the n2o is what you are looking for,you will need to know what main jet you are using now,so that you can determine what jet you need on the spray,with a very tiny jet (i have seen as small as .010 n2o jets listed) i would think that a 6-8 % increase in fuel would be safe,but there are a lot of things that need to be considered before spraying any motor,the best thing you can do is speak with somone who has successfully and safely sprayed the exact same bike

some rules that apply to any motor,don't exceed 30 % of oem hp,and no lower then 50 % of redline to start spraying (i don't hit the button until 8 k on the 12,that is 70 %) at lower rpm's there is a lot of fill time,so it takes a lot of fuel to be safe,there are a lot of do's and don'ts with n2o,stay conservative with your setup and you can make lots of hp and torque,all day long with no problems.....but make a few wrong decisions,and you can detonate any motor to ''junk'' in seconds....better to shift early then late on a juice bike,STAY OFF THE LIMITER

as i said,i have never set up a dry shot on a carbed bike,research is your best bet

·
Registered
27 Posts
nos on my 12r 2005

with 10 inches over full muzzy race system 40 shot nos and a custom map
and that thing pull like crazy looking to do 8.89 at the track this year or better any BUSA OR ZUKS WANT TO RUN NOT WORRIED ABOUT THEM OTHER SLOW BIKES:mfclap

1 - 8 of 8 Posts