Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any swaps available for the mirror/upper cowl stay for the P models? One that would get the bars out of your face?

I swear I remember seeing someone did it... Maybe for another bike though.

·
Premium Member
6,535 Posts
There's nothing I know of.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I made my own when I did the 10R swap.

Josh

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Baww... Worth a shot.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Track only fairing stay. No longer made by Graves. I have a couple of them and they fit 91-03. I was thinking to add some arms on my 96 factory stay, similar to the arms from Graves to eliminate the ones in my face.

http://www.oppracing.com/image_display.php?image=6491&id=3303
57x, can I purchase one of those from ya, I'm in no hurry to get it, I know you are busy, just want to claim one if they are available...

·
6,661 Posts
Both of them have a home on my bikes. I will let you know if anything changes. These things are hens teeth these days.

57x, can I purchase one of those from ya, I'm in no hurry to get it, I know you are busy, just want to claim one if they are available...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Is it the same as the 9? With the H for the mirrors and a lower one for the speedo/headlight/fairing? I got one for a 2002 model, cut the ends off and welded them to the original lower stay.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I found a place that has the Graves mirror stay available.
It only supports a tach though, keep that in mind, unless you modify it in some way but the weight may be too much.
I have the link saved on my work computer, i'll add it later.
They're not cheap though.
Nice part, would be great to have.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
GP Tech makes a kit... thats the one that vacustomz linked to...

This was me fitting mine to match up to the Harris Performance Kit to get the extra reinforcement I was looking for.

No it will not support standard clocks... and it will not allow for a standard headlight to be fitted either...

Unless you have loads of cash coming out your ass I would suggest sticking with the stock H brace

Here is a quick brake down of that set up:
-Harris Kit ($130) - Ohlins to match ($480)
-GP Tech Crash Bracing ($130) - then I modified a brand new stay :evil
-Koso Guage to suit (RX1N was my choice retail is $500)
-Custom one off headlight assembly ($150 in parts)

Not to mention I am cutting into a prefectly good upper fairing and plastic welding and such.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This should sum up my thoughts on that:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts