Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

Any Ideas ??

775 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  xjsc182 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me why I have about 8mm chicken strips on the rear, but zero strips on the front ?
I usually have zero strips on the rear, and about half an inch on the front on previous kawasakis ive owned, that i've took on to the track.

The bike is a 2012 ZX10R and ive only rode her on the street. Tyres are Bridgestone BT016 OE version.

I'm worried incase the front tucks and I end up skidding down the road.

Ideas please.

#2 ·
Riding style change, stiffer suspension, over inflated tires.

faster corner entry will use up front tire sidewall, faster corner exit will use up rear tire sidewall. maybe you been taking more hard turns at slower speeds.

#3 ·
I have been taking roundabouts a lot quicker than usual lately ?

I checked the pressures and they were fine.

#4 ·
Different profile of the tire, you riding more aggressive...if you don't feel anything out of place then I wouldn't worry about it, the chicken strips on my 9's front where less than 1/4", the rear was almost none but I don't have roundabouts and no good sweepers for me to lean in like the motorcycle gods intended, I did ride the shit out of highway exits tho lol

#5 ·
I'll have another look at the bike tonight, to see if there is anything i've missed.
I'm probably is me riding more aggresively, and maybe pushing the front more than I used to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.