Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So has there been any speculation on the 2008 ZX14???? Staying about the same, changes in appearance or maybe even more power???

·
Registered
199 Posts
Gear driven supercharger/starter motor! Rumor is electronic variable waste gate adjustable via DIC, 5-15lbs boost.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hopefully they paint the bike Kawi green. My 06ZX10 was stolen the first week in january and i have been dying to get another one. Going threw insurance right now, but looking into getting a zx14 since i've got into drag racing. I personally like the blue, but when i saw a pic of a photoshoped green zx14 i knew i had to have it. I will paint it if i have too, but im thinkin on waitin untill they release the 08 to see what they have changed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Gear driven supercharger/starter motor! Rumor is electronic variable waste gate adjustable via DIC, 5-15lbs boost.
Wouldn't that be something ! :scared I hope you are serious:evil

If Kawasaki does that, I will not buy the 2008, 230 HP, six
cylinder Busa. :mfclap

·
Registered
11 Posts
The ZX-14 is a great bike as it is today. Granted the '08 version may even be better........................but are you willing to sit at the side lines for a full year to find out?

I've got no regrets getting my '06. It has more performance stock than anyone can even begin to sanely use on the street.

I think regardless of the bike manufacture there will be real caution exercised in building bikes much faster than what we currently have. I know people have been saying this for 20 years ( I was one of them!), but governments and the dreaded insurance companies are starting to take more notice of bikes that offer F1 race car acceleration to anyone who can pony up the bucks.

Insurance costs vary a lot, but it is now getting to the point that many riders can't justify the insurance costs for what is essentially a toy for most of us.

Kawasaki could have easily cracked the 200 horsepower barrier with the the '14, but choose deliberately not to do so as not to attract unwanted government and insurance attention.

I may be wrong, but I don't thing we are going to see quantum leaps in performance any more. Maybe more electronics/traction control to make better use of the power we have now. I may be wrong, but I can see government and insurance companies stepping in at some point in the future to save us all from ourselves!

My understanding is that France has a 100 HP limit on street bikes, don't think it can't happen here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The ZX-14 is a great bike as it is today. Granted the '08 version may even be better........................but are you willing to sit at the side lines for a full year to find out?

I've got no regrets getting my '06. It has more performance stock than anyone can even begin to sanely use on the street.

I think regardless of the bike manufacture there will be real caution exercised in building bikes much faster than what we currently have. I know people have been saying this for 20 years ( I was one of them!), but governments and the dreaded insurance companies are starting to take more notice of bikes that offer F1 race car acceleration to anyone who can pony up the bucks.

Insurance costs vary a lot, but it is now getting to the point that many riders can't justify the insurance costs for what is essentially a toy for most of us.

Kawasaki could have easily cracked the 200 horsepower barrier with the the '14, but choose deliberately not to do so as not to attract unwanted government and insurance attention.

I may be wrong, but I don't thing we are going to see quantum leaps in performance any more. Maybe more electronics/traction control to make better use of the power we have now. I may be wrong, but I can see government and insurance companies stepping in at some point in the future to save us all from ourselves!

My understanding is that France has a 100 HP limit on street bikes, don't think it can't happen here.
the only reason i dont get one right now is because im in the process of trying to purchase a house. Not to shabby for a 21year old, lol. i just hope it goes threw.

·
Registered
11 Posts
the only reason i dont get one right now is because im in the process of trying to purchase a house. Not to shabby for a 21year old, lol. i just hope it goes threw.
Well, you have your priorites straight then. Getting into a house makes more sense than getting all the 'toys' now.

Good luck on the house purchase!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks everyone. i am really wanting this house thing to go threw, but it sucks not having a bike right now. Im going crazy. I still cant believe my 06zx10 got jacked. The only thing really keeping me from getting another one besides the house is it is just cold which isnt bad but its just steady raining also. Im still currently building a 383stoker for a 1987Camaro Buildup. That car is taking alot of the extra cash i got however its not for the house so its ok to spend. Ive done invested $5,000 in it another 2500 and i can start the build. Still going to need another 3-4k to finish it. Im doing the build so that is saving alot of money. I'll probably have $12,000 or less in the car when completly finished. As the saying goes. How fast can you afford to go?!?!?!?! The car will have around 600hp/600ftlb tq N/A. And since im going with forged internals im be able to hit it with a nice shot of NO2 if i need to. Still that zx14 is a sweet bike. Put a turbo on her w/5lb of boost and she is an 8sec 1/4mile bike. Thats what im looking forward to!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
+1. House first, then toys. Not the other way around. Smart, Bryan, smart.
hell no forget that. toys first before you get married and have kids and have all kinds of responsibilities and obligations and duties that keep you form riding whenever you want and when you think youre all clear and pulling out of the garage your wife comes running out and asks you to pick up a gallon of milk....screw that man. you gotta live life before you can teach others too. getting a house says hey im responsible im ready. if nothing else finance the house 10k higher and buy a bike too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
thanks everyone. i am really wanting this house thing to go threw, but it sucks not having a bike right now. Im going crazy. I still cant believe my 06zx10 got jacked. The only thing really keeping me from getting another one besides the house is it is just cold which isnt bad but its just steady raining also. Im still currently building a 383stoker for a 1987Camaro Buildup. That car is taking alot of the extra cash i got however its not for the house so its ok to spend. Ive done invested $5,000 in it another 2500 and i can start the build. Still going to need another 3-4k to finish it. Im doing the build so that is saving alot of money. I'll probably have $12,000 or less in the car when completly finished. As the saying goes. How fast can you afford to go?!?!?!?! The car will have around 600hp/600ftlb tq N/A. And since im going with forged internals im be able to hit it with a nice shot of NO2 if i need to. Still that zx14 is a sweet bike. Put a turbo on her w/5lb of boost and she is an 8sec 1/4mile bike. Thats what im looking forward to!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually there are ZX 14 owners that are in the high 8's with nothing more than a pipe, PC3, gearing and front end strapped down and possibly a extended swing arm. No boost & no spray.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Actually there are ZX 14 owners that are in the high 8's with nothing more than a pipe, PC3, gearing and front end strapped down and possibly a extended swing arm. No boost & no spray.

yea i know there are zx14 owners in the high 8's with a pipe, pc, lowered, strapped, geared, and streched. But getting 10ths in drag racing is not usually easy after basic mods. Giving your riding that bike to its full potential. But with a stage 1 turbo(5lbs of boost/easy on the bike with everyday driving) your at 269.74hp untuned. (100+hp and 50+more ftlb of tq over stock). So with that turbo your in the very low 8's maybe even 8flat. None have been to the track yet to prove these times. I bet on seeing some very high 7's with that stage one tuned, bike setup properly and a very good rider. Only 5turbos in production now.

G

·
hell no forget that. toys first before you get married and have kids and have all kinds of responsibilities and obligations and duties that keep you form riding whenever you want and when you think youre all clear and pulling out of the garage your wife comes running out and asks you to pick up a gallon of milk....screw that man.
Heh, I tend to disagree with this, in theory. heh. But at the same time theres something to it, we've all seen Swoosh's Signature right???

·
Registered
57 Posts
hell no forget that. toys first before you get married and have kids and have all kinds of responsibilities and obligations and duties that keep you form riding whenever you want and when you think youre all clear and pulling out of the garage your wife comes running out and asks you to pick up a gallon of milk....screw that man. you gotta live life before you can teach others too. getting a house says hey im responsible im ready. if nothing else finance the house 10k higher and buy a bike too.

+1 to that... learn from my mistakes... it took me four years.. FOUR YEARS... just to get around to purchasing a 250~ and that's just with a wife...

now there's a kid in the mix... and i want a house.. and a 14.... :banghead

I agree with BuLlGoD... finance the house higher... that's what I'm hopin to do... otherwise, a house and the kid hitting school in a couple of years will totally ruin my chance to get the 14. Add to that the wish for another child (I want a boy - as much as my little girl is already, at 15 months, showing a liking towards cars and bikes).... and... well... you see where I'm going with this...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i aint getting married yet, im way to young for that. And kids, oh hell no. I am WAY WAY WAY to young for them and definitly not ready for any. I need to be able to support myself first and pay my bills. I aint trying to kill myself.

·
Registered
19 Posts
haha

haha thats what i said. im only 21 been ,married 2 1/2 years got a two year old and apparently as of 9:30 last night i got another one on the way. T:cheers but ima still gonna pick up another used one before "he" hopefully, comes

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
haha thats what i said. im only 21 been ,married 2 1/2 years got a two year old and apparently as of 9:30 last night i got another one on the way. T:cheers but ima still gonna pick up another used one before "he" hopefully, comes
congrats man

·
Registered
138 Posts
I got the wife, the house, two kids,dogs, cats, horses, and a 250 + hour a month job, and no matter how many toys you have you will always want more and nicer ones. You may not be able to have new everythings.but with some mechanical skill and lots of hard work you can have every thing you want.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Heh, I tend to disagree with this, in theory. heh. But at the same time theres something to it, we've all seen Swoosh's Signature right???
LOL Drew...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts