Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking apart my 06 14 next weekend working on installing the air shifter & was looking for some more hidden hp. Is there any gain from gutting the cat out & wrapping the oem header?

I currently have on voo doo slip ons with flies removed, custom map, pc5, bmc, sprockets etc... I'm sure a full brocks would be better, but I'm going with a turbo over the winter so a full exhaust would be a waste. I figure when I'm done I can always sell the voo doo's & modified header to someone?

Any input? Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
06 does not have a cat in head pipe 08 and up does, I would imagine wrapping head pipe may help keep engine running cooler etc.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
06 does not have a cat in head pipe 08 and up does, I would imagine wrapping head pipe may help keep engine running cooler etc.
Wow, thats's good news. I was unsure, but thought maybe the ball in my ehaust was some type of cat. Thanks for the info, guess it won't hurt for me to wrap it :evil

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I think your biggest gain will be changing the voo doos I believe they are plenty loud, but don't believe they produce power in the performance dept so I have heard.

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
Header wrap reduces heat and probably in certain situations increase power just due to the reduced heat . But the only way you could actually tell is on a dyno if at all . If your looking for power this probably isn't the best mod .

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, just gonna leave it alone. I'll have the funds for a muzzy stage 1by the end of the season so the voo doo's will be gone by then anyhow. I'm not going to bother wrapping the head pipe cause I'm scared of it rusting etc... and the performance gain will probably be minimal. Thanks for all the responses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts