Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really new to the forum and just noticed over in the ZX6r section a lot of guys are having problems with their engines blowing up due to defective or weak valvetrains in their 07's. I was curious if 07 zx10's are having any type of problems that I haven't heard of yet. I looked through the forums and didn't see anything but I am would like to know since I just bought my zx10 a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
its off topic, i have an 06, 3950 miles and no problems

·
Registered
38 Posts
5500 miles / 8900 km without any problems... exept fast wearing tyres :crazyloco

·
Registered
1 Posts
got almost 7,000 on my 07 its a little nosy in the top end of motor, Dealer says it sounds like the valve train is dry, and already had a couple zx10 in this year. Hows kawa's warranty program???? good i hope

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
reading these concers, makes me worry, anyone else have any problems on their 06??

·
Registered
98 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thats correct his oil pump went out and the dealer sat on it for 3 months trying to wear out the warranty.
He was advised to get a lawyer and get his bike back and a new motor.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Got 15000km on our '07 ZX10, no real problems except for brake-fade when doing trackdays, but that has now been sorted (hopefully) !!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
the 06-07 models have an oil light staying on problem after doing an oil change, oil pump looses prime for some reason, my 07 just done it too

·
Registered
2 Posts
reading these concers, makes me worry, anyone else have any problems on their 06??
worry about what ? its a bike like any other brand and also depends if you take care of my is a 07 has 9k miles on it I ride every day no problems at all except the tire wear but is a 1000 so yeah she is going to eat those tires.

Kawa warranty is great had them for years and they take care of every thing.

·
Registered
291 Posts
4500 miles on mine and running strong! Been through two rear tires already though..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts