Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it is another ticket along with the others. Sunday, when I was riding with my girlfriend, I got pulled over. The cop gave me a ticket for 70 in a 50. i was heading west bound and the cop was heading east, the ticket said he got me on radar. Do I have a chance on fighting it, and getting out of it?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Always did you ask to see the radar? They dont have to by law in some states but its always good to ask. I dont know about the courts in your state but where im from you can always go to caourt and they will reduce the fine.

·
Registered
41 Posts
you could also try to see when the last time the radar was calibrated (spelling??) and if its been past the limit of the company then it couldnt be used in court with out a calibration (witch cost alot of money) just a thought

·
Registered
54 Posts
signwerks1 hit it most police agencies don't calibrate because the cost you can call and ask to see the last calibration for the radar they may not give it i know they hate it when you ask here for our local dept you almost have to get a court order call and ask if they give it right away your screwed if not you may have a chance

·
Registered
41 Posts
My last ticket was dropped because if it went to court I was gonna make sure eveyone knew it was 2 years past calibration time so they "let" me go with a warning lol

·
Registered
92 Posts
ok I am not moving to that state...or ummm could just go the speed limit.....

·
Registered
330 Posts
If you have the time - go & fight it. You have nothing to lose & who knows; cop doesn't show up - case dismissed - you're good to go (it happens):nana

Cop was a dick anyway for not giving you a break - say; 10 over maybe??:thefinger

·
Registered
47 Posts
i have had lots of speeding tickets. i got out of all of them using lawyers. they are wonderful people i dont care what anyone says lol. unfortunatley i got a ticket in dinwiddie va on the way back from d.c. about a month ago and it turns out the judge will not negotiate with speeders. looks like im going to be taking the full charge which is 88 in a 65 and wreckless by speed. dont know about you but paying a lawyer to get out of a ticket is way better than paying the increased insurance rates for 3 years in my opinion.

·
Registered
165 Posts
even if he did get the point cant he jus pay it off
over here in nj u hav the option to pay of the point if u plea guity or if ur found guilty
soo his insurance wont go up but u gotta pay all the fine

·
Registered
683 Posts
Come to Illinois. They give you a 4 hour driving school for everything. Pay a fine (my last one last summer was $105) go to the most boring 4 hours of your life, and when you leave you license is as clean as the day you got it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
arkansas sucks you have to pay the ticket and it goes on your record unless u havent got a ticket in the past 2 years not matter what

·
Registered
526 Posts
1 time i got a ticket on my friends bike jus because it looked fast, and when i go down the road, it looks like its going 10 miles faster than what it is... cuz its a KAWI!!! :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
easiest way to beat the speeding ticket. one if the officer says anything thats no more than 15mph over the posted rate of speed ask for the last calibration date. if they refuse, ask for the patrol shift sergeant to be present.

if you still get a ticket after that, read the back of the summons.

call the number, plead not guilty

goto court,
speak w/ the prosecutor

cut a deal
walk away with no points

·
Registered
101 Posts
You guys should live in the UK. Every speeding ticket also comes with points which inevitably means and insurance hike. Also 30mph+ over any limit will normally get you a court appearance, ban and £250+ fine.

As for choosing to go to court to cut a deal. Not a good idea this side of the pond. Fighting the charge in court will almost always result in you loosing the case and getting a higher fine than if you just payed up.

·
Registered
69 Posts
get a lawyer

·
Registered
2 Posts
You guys should live in the UK. Every speeding ticket also comes with points which inevitably means and insurance hike. Also 30mph+ over any limit will normally get you a court appearance, ban and £250+ fine.

As for choosing to go to court to cut a deal. Not a good idea this side of the pond. Fighting the charge in court will almost always result in you loosing the case and getting a higher fine than if you just payed up.
used to live there, i got a 35+ over the limit and got 5 points and 280 fine....

3 years later i live in the states with no points and just got my uk license back after a 6 month ban oh well time for a trip home to ride the roads to the limit without worrying about loosing my 12 points

1 - 18 of 18 Posts