Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to drop in and say hi. Just found this site and happy to be a member. Got a 07 ZX-6R about 3 weeks ago and couldnt be happer with it. This is my 4th bike started out with a Ninja 250 to learn on then stepped up to a 04 636. That bike got stolen after having it a little over 3 weeks "and by the way no full coverge.". I was determined to keep riding so with the cash in the bank I bought at 05 R6 and rode it about a month and sold it. After riding a 636 no other 600 I rode made me happy. So for the last 7 months I saved every cent I could and paid off the 636 that got stolen. With the last payment in the mail I was signing the paper work on the new ZX-6R and could not be happier with the bike. Right now im riding all stock but have a set of KR Tuned no cut frame sliders in the garage. I would put them on but the bolts are to tight so the bike is parked till I figure something out. Exhaust, K and N filter and PC111 will be added soon by D and D exhaust in Fort Worth, TX. They are going to use my bike to make the slip on exhaust for the 07 ZX-6R. Well, thats enough about me so if any of you guys are in the Dallas,Tx area get at me so we can ride one day. I dont know how to load pics yet so when I figure it out I will post some.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Welcome aboard!

For the frame sliders, use either an air/electric impact wrench or get youself a set of damaged bolt removers (this is what I did). You can find them at Sears or Home Depot (I used a set of Ingram ones from Home Depot).

Basically, you whack the bolt remover onto the engine bolt with a mallet, insert your 3/8" drive breaker bar, and away you crank. As you turn the bolt remover actually digs its way into the bolt and gets a grab on the head. They will come right out.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Welcome to the ZX Forums Family silverleaf, make yourself at home here, post up a picture of you 6...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts