Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Just got my 2012 yesterday. 175 miles so far is all, but lets just say I'm impressed as hell!!

I'm coming from Honda CBR1100XX (a 97 and an 03), and the ZX is just like a new and greatly improved XX. Love it so far.

I put Genmar risers on it and am real happy with the bar position now. At some point I might mount a tubular bar, but I'll give this at least a season.

If I have a complaint, its the peg position. I like how forward they are, but they are a bit high for my taste, so I'll either need to fab some lower brackets or purchase. Is there anything out there for the '12 yet? The right heat shield may need some slight relief the way it looks to me.

Also really hoping I can mount my Givi E360s but I'm concerned about clearance with the cans.. as noted in Smitty's thread.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is a pic of the Genmar risers.

A well spent $90. I put another 90 miles on (200 now), including about 30 miles of two-up, and the risers really made the bar position feel really good. The wife was quite happy as a pillion too, except for the angle the rear pegs fold up at. When she'd try to brace herself against the pegs for acceleration the pegs would fold up! That made for an interesting moment.. 70 mph with the front wheel in the air and her pegs folded on her.. I'll need to do something about that.

I still want to drop the pilot pegs an inch, but I'm getting used to that as well.

What an amazing bike! Comfy, smooth, rides great. Oh yeah and it makes a little power too!

·
Premium Member
5,923 Posts
Congrats. I'm liking the black:thumbup

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
Welcome to the zxf . If you really want you can send one of your blackbirds my way if not the new zx:rotflmao .

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
You make that thing look really small and low to the ground.

But, having seen them in person... they look like that all on their own.

Also, dat bike... mmmmm

Drool.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Well, looks like you are in for a fun riding season!

Welcome to the board, enjoy your bike and post up and you get the bags and other things added.

Sure like the black, nice.

OP

1 - 10 of 10 Posts