Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Without a doubt, this summer has surpassed my expectations. This is the most fun I've had riding my bike in a long time. Finally off my bucket list, I am no longer a flat track race virgin! My adrenaline is still pumping!

Btw, if you are a Civil War buff, Frederick, MD has lots of Civil War museums, including buildings that served as hospitals during the Civil War.

In addition, Gettysburg is only 45 minutes away from Frederick. Gettysburg is considered the bloodiest/costliest and most important battle of the Civil War.

I am so happy to have been part of such an incredible event. Spending the 4th of July holiday weekend in Frederick, Maryland/Washington DC, and taking extra time off from work was worthwhile! Now is time to relax, and edit the dozens of images I took at the Half Mile flat track race!

Enjoy the pictures!

·
Premium Member
13,067 Posts
#23 in the 3rd and 5th pics is my homeboy Jeffrey Carver. He is currently 5th in GNC Twins points behind Bryan Smith, Jared Mees, Brad Baker and Sammy Halbert. Riding a tuned Ninja 650.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like tons of fun ! Thanks for posting.
Thanks, I had a great time!

Those are great pictures!
Looks like you can handle a camera as well as a 14
Photography is my favorite hobby!

#23 in the 3rd and 5th pics is my homeboy Jeffrey Carver. He is currently 5th in GNC Twins points behind Bryan Smith, Jared Mees, Brad Baker and Sammy Halbert. Riding a tuned Ninja 650.
I need to start paying more attention to these races, I have no idea who these people are. I heard Kawasaki is doing very well in flat track.

·
Premium Member
13,067 Posts
Several years ago, Harley-Davidson and Bill Werner parted company. Not having gotten all his flat track jollies out, Bill and Jay Springsteen bought a junkyard dog Ninja 650 and began developing the engine for GNC Flat Track racing. Fast forward to 2016 and Bryan Smith wins the #1 plate riding the Howerton Kawasaki. Grids are filled with Kawasakis to go with the Harleys, Ducatis, Suzukis, Triumphs and KTMs that have been contesting the series for the last few years.

At the end of 2016, Indian introduced their FTR Scout 750 and the new "Wrecking Crew" of Smith, Jared Mees and Brad Baker is kicking ass and leaving footprints. Harley is scrambling to catch up with it's Street 750-based XG750R. And there are a few very fast Yamaha FZ07-powered trackers out there now also. Briar Bauman, Werner's original Kawasaki rider, recently broke Indian's stranglehold with a victory on his Zanotti Racing Kawasaki at the Lima, Ohio half-mile.

For anyone who has never been to a GNC Flat Track race, put it on your bucket list. Every race includes a Fan Walk through the pits where you can meet and talk to the hotshoes, get autographed posters and other swag and best of all for an oil-stained wretch like me, get a close look at the machinery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts