Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen any angel eyes headlight kits for the 06 10R?? I've seen them all day long for the Yamaha R6 and R1, but not for the new 10R's light assembly.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
beansbaxter said:
Cool site, lots of interesting stuff.

Now I see colored lights for the 06 10R, but I dont see any angel eyes being offered for it.

I might have to give them a ring and see what they say.
When you say angel eyes, are yoy referring to the lighted circles or Halos inside the headlight unit or the lighted outline of the headlight unit (demoneyes). There is a guy I went through out of Fl. and he installed angel eyes (lighted circles) in my headlight unit of my 05 Honda Repsol and I know he does other bikes too. I can't remember his website but I have his email. it's [email protected]. It cost me $225 for the whole thing and that included shipping! Shoot him an email and see what he can do for you.
Here's pics of my headlights.

He can put any color that you want and I'm sure he can laser etch Ninja on the Halos too for an extra cost...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah but you have to install it yourself. Some guys are not willing to put thier headlight units in ovens at 140 degrees for 20 minutes and pry it apart, install the Halos then re-assemble it? I know I wasn't going to take that chance.:headscratch

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Just to add to this post....

My roommate ended up getting me a set for my birthday for the 10R. Couldn't wait to undertake this challenge and we ended up doing them last night.

It's not the easiest process to do, but it was a fun little project. It is time consuming, but not all that difficult as long as you're patient.

The alternative to the oven is to use a heat gun, and heat up around the edges until the silicone is able to separate. Positioning of the halos is a little tricky with the epoxy, and I opted for good ole Krazy Glue.

I got rid of the crappy little toggle switch that they provided and put in my own 3 pole switch with an LED in it. I'm upset that I couldn't find one with a green LED, but settled on red, and will swap it out when I find a green one.

Pictures forthcoming when I get around to taking a couple.

The operation could have gone a lot better in the summer, when it's warmer, but we just couldn't wait to get started on it. So December 23rd in the garage was when it happened.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Just took some pics. Sorry about the quality... dark garage, shaky hands. LOL

·
Registered
381 Posts
Dude those lights rock!!! They look awesome on your ride! :mfclap

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Thanks Dave. I have to say that so far I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. except for the red LED on the rocket switch.... it would've been so much sweeter in "fast green" LOL

·
Registered
381 Posts
Thanks Dave. I have to say that so far I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. except for the red LED on the rocket switch.... it would've been so much sweeter in "fast green" LOL
Im pretty sure you can pick up different colored rocker switches at an AutoZoo or Advance.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Yeah, but we don't have those stores up here.

I can get a complete switch that lights up, but I wanted one that just has a small LED to let you know it's on.

The Red dot on the one in the pic is actually a light, although hard to tell from that pic. It's okay though.... reminds me that they're on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I thought I read on either a website or one of the forums that if you run high beams you could mess up the halo, has anybody else heard that

·
Registered
37 Posts
My roommate ended up getting me a set for my birthday for the 10R.
Swoosh, how about some more info on where your roommate bought them and the brand. They look great, btw.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Hey grease...posted on the other thread.

www.extremediscountcycle.com

..and in answer to the highbeam question... yes...the instructions state that you should not run them with high beams on.

which is kinda moot anyway... when your headlights are on..the halos are hard to see anyway.

·
Registered
82 Posts
these are just the shiznits, being in Oz it will take me a while to get these but i will post pics once my blues ones get here.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts