Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been beat to death but I'm having some trouble finding a chain and sprocket set up. I did a fair amount of research and I kind of already know what I want, I'm just having trouble finding it.
So my question is are there newer model bikes that I could search for that would fit my 7? like newer zx10's, if anyone knows of any deals or links it would really help, thnx guys.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Go 520 chain, any ZX10R rear sprocket is a direct fit to the ZX7 as some manufacturers do not list a ZX7 option.

At this moment in my inebriation I do not recall what crosses over with the front sprocket.

My personal choice was Renthal sprockets and Regina Gold chains.

Josh

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
I run EK-MVXZ chain with Vortex sprockets spec'd from a ZX-6R.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Bullitt that should make the search go alot smother, alot of the places I looked just don't list sprokets for the 94 zx7 usually the oldest model I can find is for the 96.
As far as what I'm looking for I was planing on sticking pretty close to the stock set up, I'm not really into wheelies I mostly ride twistys. I thoght I'd do +2 in the back just for a little extra but not planing on going nuts. So I was thinking, 16F 45R and 530 x-ring chain.
What would be the benefit of going with the 520 chain, and draw backs if any?

·
Premium Member
6,582 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
^ Thanks I've tried there already, I found that link on an old post but the page doesn't work when you try to pick a brand it always goes to an error message.
And I think the 520 chain is the way to go, losing weight sounds worth it especially unsprung weight, how much less life are we talking from a 530?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
And I think the 520 chain is the way to go, losing weight sounds worth it especially unsprung weight, how much less life are we talking from a 530?
The chain/ sprocket life isn't that noticeable to even be concerned about.

I recommend 16/45 personally, but 15/45 is the shiznit.

Josh

1 - 11 of 11 Posts