Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to wash and wax my bike as it was long overdue; by the time I was done buffing the fairing and the tank, you could eat off the surface while the sun glistened on it. :clap

Fast forward five hours later, riding down the California 60W freeway going conservatively slow around 90-100mph on the carpool lane. I'm trailing my buddy's R6 by 10 meters when all I see literally is this huge "python" literally coming across my vision. Couldn't avoid it in time so I let it slap my front wheel cover with a loud smack. :eek:hno

Stopped at the gas station, noticed a hairline fracture that turned into a really ugly crack that split my cover by 1 1/2 inches.... =( :banghead

I reattached it with help of mr. krazy glue....hind sight, I better keep some distance and ummmm, very lucky that 2 foot tire tread (I found out later) didn't get entangled in my bike in a way that could've made me meet my maker way sooner that I had planned.

·
Registered
191 Posts
oh ok, I was like "wtf? pythons roaming free in Cali?????"

·
Registered
103 Posts
good thing you didnt flip off the bike and it was just a piece of plastic that got damaged.

·
Registered
59 Posts
good thing you didnt flip off the bike and it was just a piece of plastic that got damaged.
x2...it seems like it could have been alot worse. Could have lost it and went down in the middle of the freeway :eek:hno

Glad it was just a crack on the ferring, and not you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts