Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Hummm. Pulled the forks and let them sit for a few days to drain. The Kawi manual state to use: 410ml when changing oil or 485 after disassembly and completely dry. I've pumped them quite a few times and could get anything out of it all day.

Seems to me that if you just drained it then put more in youd have some residual amount. However after sitting for a few days to drain would that eliminate all the fluid?

Should I consider it dry and put in that amount?

Ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks..........

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Setting by fluid volume is never accurate. While I don't know the numbers for your bike (or even mine) a tool like this:

As for it being dry or not, even heavy oil evaporates. Fork oil would only do so quicker (still takes a while lol) but I would think that sitting for a couple days draining and you are good.

But for accuracy, you use that tool. Motion pro makes them and ebay or amazon has them for like 20-25 bucks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Better way to do it is by the oil level. Manual specifies that when the tube is fully compressed, without the spring installed, the oil should be 101mm (plus or minus 2mm) from the top of the tube. Pump it a few times before taking your measurement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts