Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my 07 ZX 10 (Ebony [Fastest One]) for about 2 months now and I have roughly 5000 miles on it. I stopped by the dealer to pick up a helmet for a friend and the salesman(was a mechanic at the same dealer) is a friend of mine who seen the mileage and said I should drop the bike off to get the spark plugs changed. I don't think there is anything wrong with my bike other than the Dunlop Qualifiers I need to get rid of by now. My question is; Am I stupid to not know this or is he stupid? There is a stupid somewhere :headscratch in this situation and I hope it's not me :tard

·
Registered
184 Posts
Like they say if it aint broke,don't fix it.
Your friend the salesman/mechanic is just doing his job,selling you something you really don't need.What a friend!
Surely the plugs are rated to last more than 5,000 miles.
Look at your manual and see what takes place during the 5,000 mile service.
I know it's going to happen close to $80.00 an hour.
Thats where all dealerships make their money in the service department,that holds true for motorcycles,cars and trucks.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Don't believe that crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your plugs are probably fine, and they really aren't that hard to change yourself!!!! The sales dude had you in his sites hoping you would fall for it.

·
Registered
683 Posts
You did 5000 in 2 months? Impressive. Thats some ridin.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I usually do things myself too just following the service manual. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't the dummy. I saved up money and quit my job just so i could ride day and night, so I'm on a pretty tight budget as it is. Thanks a lot guys, I don't know what I would do without you

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I didn't have to make some cutbacks due to gas money, that number would be higher. If I could find the words to describe how much I love riding, only if there were words for it. Sometimes I wake up after having a dream that I m riding and I run to my bike and ride, doesn't matter what time. May god strike me if I exaggeratited one word, one statement.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts