Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate the fit of basically all motorcycle jackets. I am 5'8" and 145 lbs and the sleeves of every jacket are huge. I can get a jacket that fits super snug on my chest but the arms are balloons. Why can't there be more snug fit jackets out there? We can't be that small of a demographic. Even the dianese look like they would be loose on skinny people like me. At least that's what I could tell from the extensive research (youtube) I gathered.

Are there any other small skinny people out there who know of a slimmer jacket in the arms?

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Eat a cheese burger and lift something heavier than your... :thefinger

Jk you can always alter them and either put elastic in the areas where the armor is so it stays where is supposed to, or have them re stitch the sleeves to make them tighter

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Eat a cheese burger and lift something heavier than your... :thefinger

Jk you can always alter them and either put elastic in the areas where the armor is so it stays where is supposed to, or have them re stitch the sleeves to make them tighter
:banghead
That's an excellent idea...

Has anyone done something like this before?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm 5'10 and I weight about the same as you. My chest is wide so the my chest fits good. My arms good also when I zip the zipper on the sleeves. I have a medium size jacket with armor. I might get a Large size later.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
:banghead
That's an excellent idea...

Has anyone done something like this before?
Course it is I'm a genius didn't you know...lol

And yeah its been done before on track suits they are not made for every body shape, that's why there are alteration places you can go to a mktorcycle accessory store and ask for leather workers and also can ask dry cleaning places...

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Lots of people have jackets tailored. I lucked out, my mom does that kind of work for Hardley Ableson riders.

But then my problem is that shit needs to be let out.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
What do you mean by let out/
:squint

To let out an article of clothing is to make it larger in a given area.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
:squint

To let out an article of clothing is to make it larger in a given area.
Hey don't look at me in that tone of voice, all judgemental an shit, just because Im a genius doesn't mean I know clothing lingo I didn't grow up with someone that knows their way around a sewing machine...oh no wait I did, but it was all in spanish so it doesn't count...:rolleyes

·
Registered
877 Posts
I hate the fit of basically all motorcycle jackets. I am 5'8" and 145 lbs and the sleeves of every jacket are huge. I can get a jacket that fits super snug on my chest but the arms are balloons. Why can't there be more snug fit jackets out there? We can't be that small of a demographic. Even the dianese look like they would be loose on skinny people like me. At least that's what I could tell from the extensive research (youtube) I gathered.

Are there any other small skinny people out there who know of a slimmer jacket in the arms?
Look for a jacket with stretch panels in the arms. I know Taichi sells them, I have one. My problem is the opposite but I think the sleeves would accommodate nearly anyone.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Look for a jacket with stretch panels in the arms. I know Taichi sells them, I have one. My problem is the opposite but I think the sleeves would accommodate nearly anyone.
I'm looking at the Taichi GMX motion. Is that what you have?
The other one I'm looking at is the Dianese perfed Rebel. I think I like it a little better.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I'm looking at the Taichi GMX motion. Is that what you have?
The other one I'm looking at is the Dianese perfed Rebel. I think I like it a little better.
Yes, I have a few minor complaints about it but overall it's nice. The pocket on the inside is really fragile, and for some reason one of the waist snaps won't stay closed. It also zips on the left side but STG tells me that's normal for a lot of companies. Other than that it's been great.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Sounds like a defective snap. They can be changed, or you may be able to adjust the one you have with a pair of pliers.

·
Registered
66 Posts
my vanson tech 3 is pretty tight and doesn't seem large in the arms, my arms are pretty thin,
i'm 5'6" and around 160

1 - 19 of 19 Posts