Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday i was chasin down a 07 r6. well i caught him of course :crazyloco but as i was goin around this turn hit a man hole, front end popped up something feirce wasn't expecting it front was shakin when the front end came back to the ground and left the only black marks on the street. rode like a bitch for the rest of the day.... now im punk and dont want to ride for a few days...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Take it easy out there - gotta ride your own ride. If you wanna chase down an r6 do it on the track. Seriously.. there are enough cagers and other things out there waiting to get you. Get back on your steed and have fun. Respect her!!

I caught myself riding too close to an idiot with no brake lights last week. He hit his brakes hard, and I darn near bit him, even locked my rear wheel a little. Had to work the brakes to get out of it... Lesson learned! Keep distance.. hehe.

yesterday i was chasin down a 07 r6. well i caught him of course :crazyloco but as i was goin around this turn hit a man hole, front end popped up something feirce wasn't expecting it front was shakin when the front end came back to the ground and left the only black marks on the street. rode like a bitch for the rest of the day.... now im punk and dont want to ride for a few days...

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yup - there's always some kind of sh*t gonna jump out of nowhere to try & bite your ass :scared Glad you're OK :clap

You'll be back on soon & lovin it (and wiser for the experience no doubt).

·
Registered
35 Posts
take it easy man glad to hear thats the only thing that happen. I saw 2 dumbass kids racing 2 weeks ago and it didn't end well for the both of them may they RIP. they were racing on the streets here in vegas and ran a red light and both t-bone and jeep cherokee and the impacted was so servere that the jeeps rear passenger tire colasped, both bike blew up in millions of pieces we didn't know which part goes to which bike. after seeing that i didn't ride for a week and couldn't get that image out of my head. just becareful out there.

·
Registered
317 Posts
in my own believe every rider, are always lucky since we all have close calls.

just today on the way to school...this truck just merges into my lane without looking or signaling..i honked the horn, this guy just chillin in his truck like he was hella cool looking over at me. then RIGHT after that this freakin fat as lady eatin her fast food sandwich merges into my lane quicker than the guy before...so stupid!! i wanted to do something to her but i was like what's the point..so i just took deep breaths to calm myself down.

people these days.

·
Registered
50 Posts
yea just be cearful ill say get dammper it has save me so much hey i ride in new york city.It's worth every dollar of it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
pardon my ignorance:... by damper you mean steering damper right??

·
Registered
264 Posts
in my own believe every rider, are always lucky since we all have close calls.

just today on the way to school...this truck just merges into my lane without looking or signaling..i honked the horn, this guy just chillin in his truck like he was hella cool looking over at me. then RIGHT after that this freakin fat as lady eatin her fast food sandwich merges into my lane quicker than the guy before...so stupid!! i wanted to do something to her but i was like what's the point..so i just took deep breaths to calm myself down.

people these days.
haha if your horn is anything like mine you may as well of threw a ball of yarn at the guy

·
Registered
29 Posts
it's fine to play around on the street, but you should never ride out of your comfort level. It easy to push the limits with competition around. But not worth busting up your bike or yourself. As for riding like a punk, you'll get back on all TRUE riders do. We get it, even though everyone else thinks were a little nuts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
it sounds like you almost had a tank slapper. stay lighter on the bars next time... oh yeah and a damper will help too.
as far being scared.... next time after a mistake go find a few corners that you know well, and slice through them at high speed. its kinda like jumping right back on the horse after falling off. this keeps you from suffering that prolonged pucker feeling.

(oh yeah make sure that your mistake wasnt caused by a broken or flawed part before you go into bonzai mode)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts