Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My gas tank is anyway. I have an 09 Monster 1100s and I can't stay off the tank. I even have the flatter after market seat that's to help prevent this from occurring. Problem is, I just cleaned the bike and the tank is smooth and slick. I was thinking I could go with some grip tape so I don't constantly slide forward. I thought I would ask opinions on brands before I just purchase some. I want it to be clear since the bike is white. Any suggestions? Anyone have an alternative solution to help keep me off the tank and actually be able to hold myself with my back with my knees?

Thanks

· Premium Member
11,237 Posts

· Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Plastic tank and covers on the new Monsters jammin. What you see on the outside isn't even the tank. The panels are called skins. Makes it very easy to change color or to a new style since they come in different schemes.

Thanks Masta, that product looks great. I guess I'll have to wait until they aren't sold out to get some. Doh!

· Premium Member
11,237 Posts
You can find those and similar things on fleabay

· Registered
219 Posts
+1 on stompgrips

Unless you ride in shorts as they would eat your legs up

· Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. The Duc board also has info on removing even more foam out of the seat to help it be even flatter. I just tour with the bike so I need comfort more than anything else. Sliding forward into the tank constantly is not comfortable.

· Registered
478 Posts
A few years back i saw an invention of a roller seat. It would roll the rider from side to side depending on the corner it would put you into position for the turn with much less effort than actually lifting you a$$ off the seat. I cannot find it now........It was in gizmag.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.