Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do most people have an alarm system on their bike? like one of those remote starter alarms? and which alarm is good if someone has one?

·
Registered
87 Posts
iv got a datatool 4 on mine, cost me £300 fitted but i got £50 off my insurance, its got motion sensor an all that, no remote start up though, id be weary of that incase you ever left it in gear! i as told they are actually illegal on anything with gears and are only meant to be fitted to automatics...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Got a Datatool S4 on mine as well. Had a Meta M357Tv2 fitted to my last bike. I've got no complaints about either unit. The Datatool has a 'hazard light' function that's not on the Meta but other than that there's nothing between them.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I've got the Scorpio sr-i500SWB with the TRS-6 black waterproof remote. I think I got it from Absolute Cycle Performance, it was VERY cheap as compared to other sellers (especially Kneedraggers). It came with the bike specific harness and all the options.

·
Registered
1 Posts
for the most part you can add any alarm system you want. it doesnt necessarily have to be for a bike. The only things you might use are the ignition kill and the proximity sensor. And i agree with the dont put a remote start on your bike (bad news bears). if you accidently leave it in gear, you have just screwed up your bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts