Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, although i have my ZX since 05, i'm new to this forum. Nice to meet you all!

I'm a Suzuki SV650S rider for 3 years and have some performance mods to it and now i'd like to start to mod my ZX...the first part is the exhaust.

After searching for a while online, i think I'm going to buy a Akrapovic Slip-On and a PCIII first and i have a question...

Base on the instructions of the Arata website: "Due to the removal of the exhaust valve cables", the "FI" light will illuminate as an error" ...

Is it the same with the Akrapovic Slip-on and/or the full system? I'm really confused with this "Exhaust Valve" problem...could anyone help me about this?

Thanks!!!

my Bikes: http://www.pbasehk.com/Catsam/SV650S

·
Registered
264 Posts
Welcome to the site. When you first power your bike up the ECU goes through a few checks. One of them is to check the valve operation, moving it open and closed. The valve is located under the tail, you'll see two cables. The FI light in this situation is nothing to worry about. However, most peeps don't want the light on. Not sure about the Kawis but on the gixxers if you plug the #8 grey wire on the main harness it will close the loop and the light will go out. Hopefully someone will chime in with a solution cause I'm interested in this too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi! It's nice to have such a fast response here!!

Regarding how to turn off the "FI" light in this case, you will find the solution at Arata's website. Choose "ZX6R" and you'll see the solution.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts