Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get my L1 running after sitting for a long time and found this when I removed the tank. This is on the right side of the bike. I am assuming this hose is supposed to link with the pipe coming from the carburetors? Also, is the nipple that exits in the rear of the fuel tank supposed to be a simple vent or is it meant to connect to the nipple on the rear of the airbox?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,405 Posts
The hose coming off the air box does go to the carbs if the KLEEN Air mod has been done to your bike. The tube on the back of the tank is a water drain that connects to the gas cap recess area of the fuel tank. It doesn’t need anything else connected to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The hose coming off the air box does go to the carbs if the KLEEN Air mod has been done to your bike.
How do I know if this has been done? All the equipment for the Clean Air System seems to be in place on the cylinder head and the left side of the air box has the larger diameter rubber tube connected to the suction valve. The mystery tube is on the right side of the air box and is cut and seemed to be simply drawing unfiltered air into the carbs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts