Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Edit: Bike info would be great.

98 ZX-7R - stock header, yoshi pipe - inner carbs 170 main jets, stock emulsion tubes, outer carbs 180 main jets, stock emulsion.

Ok, trying to get this streetfighter running right. Short history:

Bought from a guy who wrecked it, all plastics gone. Missing one ram air tube - I cleaned the carbs and got it running ok, won't start without carb cleaner but then starts reliably - flat spots on WOT and erratic idle - idle screw has little to no effect. Pull up to a stoplight and the bike will idle at 3K, idle screw no effect - BUT if you blip the choke lever, it'll raise the RPM's for a sec and then idle like normal - idle screw works. Got a new ram air tube and no change.

Pulled the airbox and besides having a shitty seal I noticed the float bowl mod has been done - I have the old parts but don't know how they went together, Haynes manual is no help. Anyone have a pic of how it goes together? Obviously the two hoses that come from the valve cover tie into the small valve but the big valve has 3 fittings for hoses but I only see 2 to connect. WTF?

Otherwise the bike seems to run well once it gets started, just bogs big time on WOT and below 5K. I think it has something to do with this poor airbox setup. ANybody got a pic or a good description of what its supposed to look like in there?

Thanks!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Sorry BlakJack, i dont think you going to get much help on this as you dont say what bike or model or even make it is.

I am sure you will get as much help as you need if you put all that stuff on here

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
D'oh :banghead

Info added

98 Kawi ZX-7R - stock header, yoshi pipe, 170 jets on inner carbs, 180 jets out outer carbs, stock needles (it seems).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts