Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

air filters

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Rundog 
#1 ·
which ones do you use. i was looking at brocks but does 153 bucks justify it. are they really that good for the price.and that much better than the rest.

#2 ·
I would just stick with the stock filter. It has been proved not only on your model but the zx10r models also, That the air filter does not help performance wise and just makes your air box dirtier. I have a zx10r and on the dyno between a K&N and a stock there was almost no increase in HP it was like .03 more hp. That is just worthless so i just hit the treadmill and lost about 10 pounds to give me some real HP.:evil

#3 ·
well i weigh about 150lbs so losing 10 lbs for me would not be good. i do go to the gym and my trainer makes sure i dont do much cardio because my metabolism is so high. was curious about the air filters so i wont be dropping a bunch of money in the airfilters. i did get the brocks 20 inch gen.3 exhaust tho.

#4 ·
K&N and BMC filters are widely used by 12 riders. In the case of the 12, either of these work better than the stock filters, which have a well-earned reputation for letting a fair amount of fine particles coat the inside of the airbox. Some of the early K&Ns were reported to not fit well. Never heard a bad word about BMC. I have K&Ns and they fit well.
When used with a full exhaust system, the flow difference vs. stock is significant enough that there are separate Dynojet maps for bikes with stock or aftermarket filters....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.