1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Your best bet is to go try suits on man. That is the only way you would know for sure. Go to the nearest bike shop and try on what they have.

That is what I did and wound up picking up the SP1 from A*'s.

Just remember that you will need enough room (2 to 4 inches) in the chest/back total for a back brace and chest protector. Also the really nice suits fit a lot different then the cheap 3 to 500 dollar suits.

I ordered a size 48US and I am 5'7 200lbs. Just fyi http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=10141

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wish I could but its out of my price range :/ I have to buy an additional back and chest protector? Where do I get those? I'll call around to see if any shops have suits to try on, but wouldnt it differ by brand?

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Wish I could but its out of my price range :/ I have to buy an additional back and chest protector? Where do I get those? I'll call around to see if any shops have suits to try on, but wouldnt it differ by brand?
You don't have to buy the additional back/chest protector but if you are riding in the mountains and hard you should think about it. If you land on your back it will protect your spine.

Here is a good back brace you should look at getting : http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=424

Anything you need you can go to sportbiketrackgear and look, plus they are extremely helpful if you have any questions. If you find a suit they also price match.

It will differ by brand a little bit. There is a big difference in the lower quality for higher quality suits as well. The higher quality suit fits a little tighter. I know there is a shop around here that if you order anything and it is the wrong size they will send it back for free until you have what you want/need. Just ask when you call man.

I personally didn't want to spend that much on a suit, but they are a lot better if you go down than buying a cheap one.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good deal, any suggestions on a chest?

Dont really travel on many mountains but was more looking for a suit for a track days but wanted to go 2 piece so that way i get suit and new jacket in one shot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts