Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read this someplace.

This one from the official show press release....

"The Milan show has already had VIP visits from the likes of Loris Capirossi and tomorrow Marco Melandri will represent the world of the MotoGP. Racing is a hot topic the Milan show with the legendary Giacomo Agostini criticising Valentino Rossi for the mistake in Valencia that cost him the world title. Experienced manager Carlo Pernat warned about the future, predicting a generation gap after the success of Valentino and Capirossi."

·
Registered
92 Posts
Damn! Tough crowd those Italians...One little low side in 6 or is it 7 World Championships....If Ago wants to talk smack someone should remind him Rossi was numerically out of the chase after he got taken out early this year in race one, lost an engine and/or tire (which came first chicken or egg) at Laguna, and another mechanical dnf besides that. All no fault of the rider. Despite it all He raced his way back into the points lead on the final round??

·
Registered
57 Posts
Is the gen gap talked about just one of Italians? There seem to be more good young riders coming up now than I can ever remember.

·
Registered
990 Posts
There is far more psychological pressure than in Ago's time plus far more races in a season. In those respects racing was easier then.

The Italian media give their racers a very hard time when things go wrong, which is why Rossi prefers to live in London to keep away from media pressure.

Anyway this season was far more competitive than previous years, any one of the 5 or so front runners could have clinched the title. Lets hope we gat another season like that in '07.

·
Registered
57 Posts
^^^^Dammit, I hate when Ted shows how much more clever he is than I. There can be no retort to that last comment. He has clearly topped me once again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts